“This is not the old Pepe's”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Pepe's Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #129 of 171 Restaurants in Valparaiso
Reviewed 28 June 2018

The waitress made us leave immediately because I didn’t have my driver’s license to prove I’m 34. I didn’t have my drivers license on me because I wasn’t driving and assumed incorrectly that this was a family restaurant. This location appears to have been re-opened as a smoking bar and is nothing like the old location. We left and went to a cleaner smoke-free restaurant that probably had better food too.

Reviewed 15 August 2017

We loved going to this Pepe's when they were in their original location on US 6. They moved twice, and now it is known as Pepe's Cantina, which allows them to cater to smokers. According to the wait staff "we are a bar that also serves food." We can't stand the smell of smoke, especially when we're eating. We tried carry out once, but they screwed up our order royally. We won't ever be going back.

Reviewed 21 May 2017

Pepe's just reopened new location and new name.
The food is always good. They have lunch specials that are priced just right. Taco Tuesday, the taco's are reduced price and on the 10th of every month you can get 10 taco's for $10.00. The staff always treat me nice. So glad Pepe's reopened!

Been to Pepe's Mexican Restaurant? Share your experiences!