“Breakfast”

Rosewood Family Restaurant
Ranked #14 of 89 Restaurants in Portage
Reviewed 7 December 2017 via mobile

Our favorite breakfast is their biscuits and gravy,delicious. Lemon rice soup and Monte Cristo are items we really enjoy too.

Reviewed 8 October 2017 via mobile

Had anything and eveything your heart could desire as food wise, nice family restaurant. We all loved it! Would definitely go again if in the area!.

Reviewed 16 August 2017

We were traveling OH to IA and stopped here on the way. We were happy to see they served breakfast and had great breakfast specials. The food was delicious and so plentiful and such a great price!

Reviewed 4 August 2017 via mobile

There is nothing really wrong with this restaurant that a little modernization in attitude wouldn't cure.

I had the eggs benedict. While the Hollandaise sauce was nothing to write home about the presentation was very nice and there was more than enough to fill me up. Also on the plus side, the place is very quiet with none of that annoying background music that you will find in many venues.

That said, I found the waitress a bit aggressive in trying to get me served. The menu is extensive and while I was perusing it she must have come back three times to ask me if I wanted to order.

When the check was delivered I found that the server did not take the check to the register but this was something I had to do which makes tipping rather awkward because I wanted my server to know that I had left one on the credit card.

The place is clean, the booths are comfortable and all in all the experience wasn't bad, it just wasn't anything out of the ordinary

Reviewed 7 June 2017

This is a great place to eat if you are passing through Portage. Easy on and off the expressway. The menu is plentiful to the point that if you can't find anything to order, you are not hungry. The servers are attentive and the food comes to the table hot and ready to eat. We typically have breakfast items because that is when we arrive. If there is anything "detracting" it might be the dated decor but then again, I go for the food and not the atmosphere. Everything there is reasonably priced for the area and what they serve. We will return when in the area.