“Won’t return”

Indiana Beach Amusement & Waterpark
Ranked #10 of 15 things to do in Monticello
More attraction details
Owner description: Today, Indiana Beach is home to six roller coasters. Of them, three are wooden roller coasters, including the world-famous Cornball Express, voted the #1 Wooden Coaster in the world by Theme Park Critic in 2002! In addition, Indiana Beach is home to Indiana's 1st custom steel coaster, Steel Hawg. Through all its new attractions, new slogans, and new guests, Indiana Beach never forgot its place as a classic facility filled with classic attractions. Whether it’s getting’ their fannies riding on a coaster, relaxing in the summer sun, or dancing & dining with family & friends, generations have enjoyed all that Indiana Beach has to offer including 0ver 100 accommodations. With plans for tomorrow blossoming every day, exciting changes every season, and a continued commitment to quality, there are no limits in sight for Indiana Beach’s future. From a cornfield that a horse and cart turned into a beach swimming area to the largest amusement & vacation playground in the state of Indiana, from its humble beginnings as Ideal Beach to its undying popularity in the hearts of guests of all ages and generations, Indiana Beach has come to represent that there truly is “more than corn in Indiana...”
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This park was a stop off during our tour.

You have two classic Wooden Coasters.
The first was the Cornball Express. I found it rough and rickety.
Second was Hoosier Hurricane which was even rougher and gave me a massive headache and rib bruises! Both these coasters need a lot of work.

The park is home to Lost Coaster of Superstition Mountain but due to consistent Storms it couldn’t open all day.

The park staff were friendly but we found the park to be lacking enough to do to fill out an afternoon.

The food in the main restaurant was ok. Nothing special and we had to wait 45 mins for it to arrive.

We went though the walking horror house which has been there for years. We feel that it would have benefitted from live actors and some eerie music.

Steel Dawg is their token 90+ degrees ride almost identical to Mumbo Jumbo at Flamingoland UK.

2  Thank Lee Boofle W
jeff123452017, Guest Relations Manager at Indiana Beach Amusement & Waterpark, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

All reviews
in 12 reviews
"hawg"
in 23 reviews

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Overall we had a great day. The reason this did not get a higher rating is because we only found 1 family restroom and bathhouse w as not handicapped accessible. Other than the family restroom it was difficult or impossible for someone on a scooter to get in the regular restrooms

Your kinds words and effort to share your feedback with us is well appreciated and we are happy to hear you had a memorable time at Indiana Beach. Our location is a real asset, but it's nice to see that our effort in service and accommodations find its recognition as well. Thanks again and all the best.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I left a good review a few years ago and my opinion remains the same. I love the park and I'm very pleased that the new management has obviously invested time and commitment into making the park come back alive. I think it looks great. Is there more to do, yes lots, but all in all we love it here. We stay at the campground often. I do have a few complaints and it seems I'm not alone in regards to my opinion. The staff for the most part, especially in free guest relations office don't seem to care and come off as clueless. I tried to upgrade our day passes to 14 day passes and after one hour and six mangers later they got it done. I had a feeling that when I came back the next day the passes wouldn't work..I was right. They did however fix it in ten seconds because someone who knew what they were doing were there today. My other complaint is the campground water park. It's awesome. What I don't like is that at 1pm they closed for lighting in the area. It passed, but two days in a row they didn't bother reopening it, which angered me. The main park reopened. I get the feeling like the employees running it get excited to close it when they can then never bother to reopen cause it's too much trouble. The lighting was long gone and there were four hours left in the day. Other than that I love the place. I would recommend looking into your lower level management as it's clear to me that there is a lack of leadership..I can tell from their I don't care attitudes. Still love you though :) Indiana Beach and I'll be back forever. Just recognize your leadership issues lower level

4  Thank Eric D
jeff123452017, Guest Relations Manager at Indiana Beach Amusement & Waterpark, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

First and foremost, your candid feedback is appreciated. We are very sorry to hear that we have not lived up to your expectation and we will certainly review your comments with our dedicated team and work on the rectification. Please do not hesitate to contact us directly prior to your next visit so we can ensure expectations are met and you will enjoy a better experience.

Reviewed 11 June 2018 via mobile

Ignore the negative posts! I didn't see one thing that made me think the park was run down. I felt every single ride we went on was in great working order. we went over a very rainy/stormy weekend and yes they would stop rides for SMALL periods of time to keep everyone safe but would start them back up ASAP. We never once felt like we waited forever to get back on. The staff were all very friendly and helpful. They would see that we were looking for something and ask us if we needed helped. The workers all went out of their way to talk to my kids and make the experience even more fun. We had a blast and will be back!

4  Thank Rebecca R

WHOOO HOOOOO!

Your kinds words and effort to share your feedback with us is well appreciated and we are happy to hear you had a memorable time at Indiana Beach Boardwalk Resort. Our location is a real asset, but it's nice to see that our effort in service and accommodations find its recognition as well. Thanks again and all the best.

See more reviews
Reviewed 10 June 2018

I spent summers up there many years ago, so I have fond memories of Indiana Beach. Or I did.
I took my young grand-kids and daughter up for the day. I am sad to say, I will not go back.
While the kids had fun, and the rides were appropriate for them.
The staff running the place rates an F. And the restroom's. (we visited 4) were either not functioning at all or just plan filthy.
They open at 11:00, at 1:00PM we visited the woman's restroom in the 'bath' house. Although open, not one toilet was functioning. No sign was up, they simply did not flush...it appears in days they had not. My grandson had to pee in a shower. I stopped 3 employees to ask who needed to do something....no one had a clue. Or a suggestion. They did not care. I did complain at Guest Services. To 3 people. The last one seemed to listen, and gave the excuse it was park services fault.
I do not care who's fault it is, your guests should not get excuses.
You had been open 2 hours that day, I can only guess this was an issue for days.
Asking any employee directions, any question at all was a waste of time. They know nothing, They do not for the most part even speak. They just shrug.
We visited an ice cream place, 3 employees. One was working. The other 2...I have no idea what the job was. But it was not helping the trainee. We left there. The only place we found proper staffing was up in the Skyline. It was pleasant. At least there the employee admitted it was his 2nd day.
If you cannot train the front line to represent your park, it is not the employee it reflects on. It is the ownership. They were all kids, but all trained the same. They did not know, they did not care.
The only positive was the Captain of the Shafer Queen. He was nice. and spoke to guests. He clearly likes his job.
It is clear no one else does.
Go to Holiday World. They keep the place clean.

5  Thank mkb135