Rupert & Rothschild Vignerons Tasting Centre

from US$130,13
More Info
from US$164,60
More Info
All reviews wine farm our waiter red wine champagne wines restaurant lunch tasting setting stupendous dish franschhoek
Selected filters
Reviewed 24 May 2017

A perfect wine tasting presentation in beautiful surrounds. Thank you to all the staff that went out of their way to make our visit an incredible experience. We made reservations long in advance and were not dissapointed.

Cleve, our waiter was a such a gentleman.. We love the understated ambiance and the 'quiet' away from the maddening rush of tourist 'freebee seekers,' who really don't know what they are tasting anyway. It is amazing to me that people will pay an entry ticket to a wine festival, then pay money too for average food and wine, but they complain about paying what we think is an extremely reasonable price for a whole experience with very good quality products.

The wines are wonderful. The Flechas de los Andes Gran Malbec from Argentina was my favorite. (I even bought a bottle to take home to Johannesburg. It never got there as we consumed it two days later in our hotel room after being robbed in the lovely city of Cape Town. It made the bad experience slightly more tolerable) Where else can you taste excellent wines from across the world, paired with such good food? Compliments to the chef! The duck and the trout for me, and the lamb for my two men (my husband and my son) were brilliant. The 5 course tasting menu was perfect to make us happy and content and relaxed. ... And did we relax? I think they eventually almost needed to physically remove us off their patio. It was just such a chill place to be.

My husband does not drink red wine and so they they were more than happy to replace his tastings with white. His favorite was the Rimapere Sauvignon Blanc from New Zealand. Our bill for 3 adults along with an extra bottle of imported 2011 Gran Malbec came to R1245. We thought this was a bargain considering the quality of both the food and the wine.

If you visit here, don't treat it as one of a few wine tasting stops for an afternoon outing. Savour it. Enjoy it. Make it your destination.

Thank you again to all the staff at R&R

1  Thank Domkoppie
Reviewed 26 April 2017 via mobile

Visited here for a wine tasting and booked to return a few days later for the Champagne Wine & Food Pairing Taster Menu. We were greatly looking forward to it and it didn't disappoint. Lovely taster portions of food expertly paired with fine champagne & wines. Set in a stunning dining room with glass doors giving views over the beautiful outdoors. An inexpensive treat to taste the high life.

Date of experience: December 2016
Reviewed 21 April 2017 via mobile

It is always lovely to visit the wine farms of Franchoek.
Rupert and Rothschild is deffinately worth a visit.
Fairly understated.
The best possible wines.
Small menu but
Outstanding food.
Brian the sommelier has incredible knowledge and could not do enough to make our day incredibly enjoyable.
The wines are unique and the wine farm is an absolute must.

Reviewed 9 April 2017

Wonderful experience here. The food is full of flavor with excellent wine to match it.
2011 Chardonnay is amazing!
The friendly service from Helga is the best!!!

Reviewed 27 March 2017 via mobile

Dear Genevieve & staff. I've been visiting your Winery & restaurant for a few years and are so embarrassed for not writing a review earlier! Your establishment is such an advertisement for South Africa! Thank you for your absolute 'service excellence ', fantastic wines ( Nadine & the Baron my favorites....) and then off course the Duck Parfait and Parker rolls...... The chocolate dessert was pure sin!!!!
There's a saying in the service industry that your staff is as good as your management! It is so true! I will keep coming back and back and back.... your colleague in Tourism, Anel de Villiers ( African Wonder Tours)

Date of experience: March 2017