Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Trip.com
Hotels.com
Travelocity
All reviews game drives cape town outdoor shower an overnight stay buffet style buffet lunch sparkling wine south africa private game reserve horseback safari welcome drink following morning tour guide spa facilities couple of hours their natural habitat aquila
Selected filters
Reviewed 19 May 2021

I have been in contact with Aquila for 9 months, have tried calling, social media, emailing but Aquila are still yet to resolve my refund request.
My family didn’t get to visit due to COVID but requested a refund months prior to our arrival as our flights were cancelled, travel was banned from UK and into Cape Town and the main point, Aquila was closed.
I am repeatedly told that Aquila is not fully operational and they are therefore unable to process my refund. I was offered to defer the trip, but I am not planning a further date as yet. I was fully entitled to a full refund as gave plenty of notice that I couldn’t travel. I have since informed that we will definitely not be able to rebook our travel plans as one guest, my mother, has passed away. I was told my request would be escalated to management but still nothing. I would avoid booking if you have any doubt in being able to travel. Disgusting service

Date of stay: December 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
4  Thank gemmaf80
Reviewed 16 May 2021 via mobile

My Husband and I visited Cape Town from the US for the first time. With a limited number of days and and extremely long "to do" list, we knew that we could only spend one day on Safari. I did some research and with the assistance our our tour guide, we decided on a day trip to Aquila. Our guide picked us up from our hotel (arriving as scheduled), He was pleasant and extremely accommodating. The ride was approximately 2 hours and was scenic and pleasant. We arrived and were greeted with a welcome drink and a wonderfully prepared buffet style lunch, and of course we had to purchase a bottle of wine. We opted for a private tour due to COVID and I am so glad that we did. Our tour was intimate and we were able to get more personalized attention from our fabulous guide!! I highly recommend opting for the private tour, the group tours really appeared to be too large for my taste. We departed on our Safari at the scheduled time and we were in for the treat of our lives!! Our tour was absolutely breathtaking and our tour guide did everything he could to make sure that we were able to capture as many photos as possible. In addition, He provided incredible information about each animal that we saw. Kudos to Aquilla for fulfilling this dream for me!! Wonderful experience close to Cape Town!! A must see!!! Thank you!!

Date of stay: May 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Johan van Schalkwyk, General Manager at Aquila Private Game Reserve, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2021

Thank you so much for this wonderfully positive review. We are thrilled that you have a wonderfully memorable safari experience.

Reviewed 22 April 2021

Best Weekend Ever
Aquila you are amazing. From the staff, the animals, the game drives, the food, the spa, marshmellows on the fire every night, stargazing and so much more. I highly recommend Aquila. Aquila is a special place and thank you for an amazing weekend!!!!
Easter weekend 2021 - family getaway

Date of stay: April 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
Johan van Schalkwyk, General Manager at Aquila Private Game Reserve, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2021

Reviewed 17 April 2021

We enjoyed every moment with Aquila Private Game Reserve. Our guide Max 5* to him he is definitely a asset. Exec chef goes the extra mile- awesome. Quad safari a must do. gift shop has great souvenirs

Date of stay: April 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Johan van Schalkwyk, General Manager at Aquila Private Game Reserve, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2021

Thank you for your wonderful review!

Reviewed 16 March 2021

My wife and I visited Aquila for an over night safari and had such a lovely experience. It was my first time going on safari and our guide was fantastic. The accommodation was good for the price we paid and the food was lovely. My wife is vegetarian and we were happy to find plenty of options for her meal times too. Definitely going back and will stay longer next time.

Date of stay: December 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Johan van Schalkwyk, General Manager at Aquila Private Game Reserve, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2021

That was fantastic to read. as well as your feedback about plenty of vegetarian options. We hope to welcome you back again soon!