Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
Agoda.com
US$186
View deal
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
ZenHotels.comUS$297
All reviews game drives cape town outdoor shower an overnight stay buffet style buffet lunch sparkling wine south africa private game reserve horseback safari welcome drink following morning tour guide spa facilities couple of hours their natural habitat aquila
Selected filters
Reviewed 16 March 2021

My wife and I visited Aquila for an over night safari and had such a lovely experience. It was my first time going on safari and our guide was fantastic. The accommodation was good for the price we paid and the food was lovely. My wife is vegetarian and we were happy to find plenty of options for her meal times too. Definitely going back and will stay longer next time.

Date of stay: December 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Johan van Schalkwyk, General Manager at Aquila Private Game Reserve, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2021

That was fantastic to read. as well as your feedback about plenty of vegetarian options. We hope to welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed 4 March 2021

I have been waiting now a full year for my sunrise and sunset safari refund, that was cancelled due to Covid 19 back in March 2020. At first I was sympathetic and waited patiently after sending many many emails and was told that I would have a response in 90 days - i am still no closer to seeing my money. Aquila are making is extremely difficult to get a refund - now after 12 months asking for proof of purchase, after being ignored effectively for 12 months and not receiving hardly any updates - even though I have sent them booking numbers. We spent a lot of hard saved money and we are being cheated into not getting a refund. Our friends in SA are now trying to help us by liaising with Aquila and they are being spoken to in a very ugly way. COVID 19 is affecting us all and I am appalled by how a "Luxury" company is behaving. I can see that they are offering safaris now as people are leaving reviews in 2021 - perhaps they need to take care of existing customers first?! I do not recommend, dealing with them is very upsetting.

Date of stay: April 2020
3  Thank Michelleandfernando
Reviewed 15 February 2021 via mobile

Our first visit to Aquila was unfortunately rather disappointing. The standard accommodation was fine and the pool area and grounds were great , but the food left a lot to be desired !!! For a 4 star establishment , the food was very very poor. The food was just mass produced , lacking flavor and poorly prepared. Definitely no trained shef in the kitchen. I actually returned home with a very upset stomach and cramps , which I suspect resulted from the fish.
I must however compliment our game drive guide Trevor , who was great. He is very knowledgeable and has a great passion for his job and the Aquila animals , as well as having a great sense of humor. All in all , the poor food , breakfasts aside , left us rather disappointed !!

Date of stay: February 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Aquila Collection, General Manager at Aquila Private Game Reserve, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2021

Thank you for your review.

Reviewed 9 February 2021

Aquila you are amazing. From the staff, the kiddies only game drive, marshmellows on the fire every night, two additional game drives with sundowner, the kids corner, stargazing and so much more. I highly recommend Aquila. When your kids cry because we had to come home, you know how special this place is. Aquila, thank you for an amazing weekend!
February 2021 - family getaway

Date of stay: February 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you so much, Claire. We appreciate your 5-star review and we are so happy that you enjoyed an amazing weekend, as you put it :)

Reviewed 26 January 2021 via mobile

One of my preferred family destinations. Their covid protocol is brilliant. They are pedantic on the safety of guests and staff. The service was superb and friendly. We had a family chalet and it was so opulent in its tasteful furniture and designed to give privacy and family time too. We saw the big 5 and educated to each animal, even fun facts to keep us entertained. Aquila is by far still one of the best places in Africa. Ohhhh and had a great massage in the spa.

Date of stay: January 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
Aquila Collection, General Manager at Aquila Private Game Reserve, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2021

Thank you for this great review, Sam. We are so glad to hear that you felt safe and enjoyed the full Aquila experience! We hope you'll return soon.

Best wishes,