All reviews state park gus grissom nature center fried chicken huge fireplace indoor outdoor pool air hockey dvd player grist mill rocking chairs ping pong step back in time hiking trails are double queen hoosier hospitality persimmon pudding small lake
Reviewed 11 February 2018

We stayed there for a wedding in Paoli and was pleasantly surprised when we saw the Inn. Beautiful stone building with rocking chairs on the front porch was very inviting. I loved the warm feel of the place. Several sitting areas with fireplaces would be a good place to just relax or sit and read a book. The restaurant was very nice and the food was delicious. The room we stayed in was clean and comfortable and the staff was very friendly. I definitely will go back and stay longer.

Room Tip: Just tell them what you want.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Taylor F, General Manager at Spring Mill Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2018

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at Spring Mill Inn. We look forward to your next stay with us!

Reviewed 4 January 2018

Our room was bigger than we predicted. We had a little sitting area with a rocking chair and plenty of closet space. The restaurant was also very good. We had the buffet, with plenty of good ole Indiana cookin and an awesome dessert buffet. Don't forget to ask for the persimmon pudding! Delicious! The staff was super friendly and we loved sitting by the large fire on a frigid January day. The hotel is old but is well kept and the linens were nice. We both thought the bed was hard, but we managed to get comfortable. We will stay again!

Room Tip: We were in room 201, which was awesome!
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Taylor F, General Manager at Spring Mill Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2018

Thank you for reviewing your dining experience and stay at Spring Mill Inn. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 23 December 2017 via mobile

We stayed for 2 night for a quick get away. We were looking for a quaint Inn to spend some family time with our 8 and 10 year old boys. The room was clean and comfortable. The towels were fluffy. Next time I will bring my own pillows, however as they did not provide any support. The WiFi and signal is iffy, at best. The boys loved the game room and pool, and we all l loved the big lobby with the fireplace and Christmas music playing. All of the staff we encountered was friendly. The weather was nice, and we were able to take a hike one morning. We are hoping to make this a Christmas tradition in the years to come.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Taylor F, General Manager at Spring Mill Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2017

We are so happy to be apart of your memory making trip to Spring Mill Inn. We hope to see you next year. Thanks for the review!

Reviewed 21 December 2017

When booking we realized this was an old lodge, but the condition of our room's carpet was unacceptable. It most probably was the cause of the unbearable musty/moldy smell that never went away and the stickiness. I never once went barefoot on the carpets (I wore flip flops) and when we knew the towels were done for the day I laid those on the floor to stand on while getting dressed. I saw an employee cleaning the carpets int he halls one day (making them smell much netter) and I asked him why they can't do that to the rooms. It would take too much time and cost too much money. He said with all the hikers that stay the smell never really goes away. I don't know what he thinks the hikers are doing while staying at the lodge, but I don't think it contributes to the musty/moldy smell. That is purely from very old, very dirty carpets.

The linens and towels, however, felt inviting and fresh so I felt comfortable whenever in bed. . It's much easier to provide clean linens then it is to shampoo/replace carpet.

The room's shape was a little awkward and made moving around hard (there were 2 adults and a 7-year-old), but give the age of the lodge I can understand. The furnishings (quilts, wood-crafted rocking chairs, etc.) were just what we were looking for.

The lobby and reception area were not as big as I imagined (and saw in pics) for such a grand old lodge. However, the beautiful lounge/game areas on the lower level were spacious and inviting.

We knew before coming that the pool was an in/out one in the woods, but I was still a little disgusted by the amount of bugs that were always floating around in the water. My daughter (who's not a strong swimmer), could never enjoy the outside portion because it was only a deep end.

I have reviewed the restaurant separately since it has it is separate on TA.

Most of the staff were very nice and seemed genuine.

The grounds and exterior of the lodge were wonderful and just what we were looking for on this short trip.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 November 2017

A nice comfortable Inn in a beautiful setting The restaurant at the Inn served delicious food with smiling and helpful staff. Overall, a restful and relaxing stay. The historical village in the Spring Mill State Park was very interesting with walkways leading through the village and a ramp into the Spring Mill allow all of us to enter the mill and take in the history.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cliff T
Taylor F, General Manager at Spring Mill Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2017

We are happy you were able to enjoy a relaxing weekend here at Spring Mill Inn and Spring Mill State Park. We look forward to your next visit.