“Lovely lovely place.”
other travellers have booked this property
kitchen 1 bedroom apt downstairs Bedroom
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
kitchen 1 bedroom apt downstairs
Bedroom
dining area by living are
Kitchen
Washington Park
Zoo
Washington Park Free Music on Thurs 7:30 in summer
front
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
Omar H
“Lovely lovely place.”
Reviewed 15 October 2015 for a stay in October 2015
people found this review helpful

My girlfriend and I stayed here for 5 nights. From start to finish I loved this place. It was clean, smell very good it was very quiet and the bed it was very comfortable it was really easy to get in and get out but what I really loved the most and it really surprised me was how t well equipped the kitchen was... we cooked almost every day and we have a full privacy...The check in and out was really easy. I definitely will be back.

Caryn A
Leo, Indiana
“Great Place to Stay! If only there wasn't so many spiders!”
Reviewed 9 September 2015 for a stay in September 2015

The place is beautiful but it could have been cleaner. The inside of the couch was filled with sand and really grossed me out :( And there was TONS of spiders on the porch! I was afraid to even sit up there at night! Also there was a large screw sticking out where they screwed in their flag and it was right at eye level of my 2 year old! Very dangerous. But other then those few things you really cant beat the price and it is right behind the outlet mall which was great! I loved the location! Kind of in a scary part of town tho.. Overall I wouldn't mind staying again.. (if they got rid of the spiders and sweep the couch out) Very cheap for what you get :) If you just want a place to put your bags while you shop this would be the place!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The proximity to shopping was fabulous!
Liked least: The cleanliness of the couch/porch
Your age range 25-34
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
Management Response
10 Sep 2015
We always appreciate getting reviews, so that we can improve our apartments and service. We would like everyone to know that if you ever have a problem, to just call. I am in Michigan City and the problems can usually be solved quickly. Last year, the beginning of Sept., all of a sudden and almost over night spiders appeared on the front porch. No one hates spiders more that I do. I hosed down the porch and bought a spray that spiders hate and once sprayed, they leave. I read in the review that the spiders were on the porch, immediately I hosed the porch and used the spray. The spiders are gone, but I cannot guarantee that an occasional spider will not appear, but I hate spiders and will do my best not to have any. Last year we put on a new roof and upgraded the porch, that one screw that you mentioned was put up by the contractors and must stay, but I will cover it appropriately so that a small child will not be injured. This is important and thank you for bringing this to my attention, this home is 115 years old and we try to do everything possible to keep it attractive and safe.
I like everything first class and clean, we try and have the same for our guests. Please remember, Michigan City is a wonderful beach town and we hope everyone enjoys the beach. The beach is sandy and sometimes a little of the sand falls under the cushions. The city has a shower at the beach and we have beach towels and chairs for you to enjoy. Thanks for staying with us!! Take care Darlene
Matt T
“Great weekend getaway”
Reviewed 31 August 2015 for a stay in August 2015

My fiance and I spent two nights in Michigan City, IN. Our stay at Darlene's rental was excellent. All amenities were present and the unit exceeded expectations. Close to shopping, dining and coffee. We highly recommend Shady Creek Winery and the Indiana Dunes State Park, both of which are less than 20 minutes away.

Liked best: Proximity to activities
Liked least: Property seemed to be on outskirts of a less desirable neighborhood but was not an issue
Your age range 35-49
Friends getaway People with pets
Margo G
“Good for a short getaway”
Reviewed 30 July 2015 for a stay in July 2015

First off Darlene is great! I have a tot and a dog and she was happy to have both as guests. The place is clean, and if you're in shape, in walking distance of the lake. She had drinks and water waiting for us (she even had a water bowl down for my pup, so sweet), and in the hall keeps beach towels for you to take if you forgot to pack your own. I am not detail-oriented and it didn't hit me that the living room area is only closed off from the bedroom by the curtains which made for some quiet nights after the little one drifted off (the picture clearly shows this is the case, just pointing it out for others like me). Wi-fi was strong.

Be sure to walk down to Cabo's for dinner and some ice cream, both were great.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Darlene, who is great!
Liked least: It is a little farther from the beach and not near any other vacation rentals
Travelling group: Young Children
People with pets
Port Byron, Illinois
Reviewed 21 July 2015 for a stay in July 2015

Friends getaway
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Management Response
22 Jul 2015
Thank you!! glad you enjoyed your stay!! Please come back and stay with us again..
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing