I have been to Carey Island twice now currently planning another trip there. First trip was with friends and all our kids, 11 people in total 6 staff on hand. Second caught last part of a wedding spent 5 nights with just spouse and staff. I am going to give a very honest review as much as I love going it is not for everyone. I would recommend this spot to any one seeking a special holiday for group or a wedding for sure. Blow the doors off a wedding at any resort! This is an old building it has charm and is well kept but is not a cookie cutter setup. If you are seeking private relaxing taste of Jamaica I strongly recommend Carey Island .
• Very private lots of space for weddings and large groups.
• Lovely gardens and grounds.
• Staff are terrific very accommodating get you everything you need from fishing boats to fresh pig for the barbeque
• Chef excellent
• Snorkeling around island real treat,like stuffing your head in tropical fish bowl ( I have snorkelled for hours there)
• Pool is well kept lots of room for wedding party to have cocktails around
• Nice shade in pool gazebo to escape sun when required
• Large bedrooms with on suites in all of them
• Large dining table for group meals
• They will wash you clothes
• You can jump off island into sea at own risk there are stairs to walk in as well
• You can walk to reggae beach staff will accompany you
• Ocho rios is short cab ride away
• Felt very secure there
• Staff even taught kids how to play cricket
• We are country folk and felt very much at home
• Kitchen is well equipped with fridges, stoves, dishes, blenders, microwave (for late night popcorn addicts) etc.
• You can fish off the island
• Views are fantastic
• Always some staff on site
• Good value for money with large group
• Very special place hard to list all the good things
• Great spot for wedding pictures
• Staff will do as much or as little as you are comfortable with.
The things that may turn you off:
• It is very private you have to leave for night life
• It can be all inclusive if you request it up front otherwise you have to shop or send staff for food and booze
• Groceries are expensive in Ocho and you will need to buy full orders that include condiments napkins soap etc.
• Booze can be expensive beer is about one dollar a piece rum is not bad but other sprits are about the same as prices in US
• It is long but beautiful walk down to the Island 100 steps I think ( there are benches and landings to rest on)
• Cabs can be expensive if you are not careful I have paid for 3 dollars to fifty for same ride.
• Main house is old so has the old charm with same good and bad traits of all old buildings
• Beds are firm
• House is locked up at night iron gates
• You might see a spear fisherman in the night very friendly pass through yard.
|How easy was it to book the property?||How helpful were the directions to the property?|
|How easy was key pickup/access to the property?||Overall condition of the property|
|Bedding & mattresses||Kitchen & utensils|
|Bathroom cleanliness||Other facilities & amenities|
|Friends getaway||Large groups|