“Why stay in a hotel?”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
Ross W
“Why stay in a hotel? ”
Reviewed 21 December 2016 for a stay in December 2016
person found this review helpful

First time using Trip Advisor for hotel/vacation rentals. Don't think I'll ever go back to hotels. The booking request was simple, and guaranteed by Trip Advisor. Also paid with PayPal for a double guarantee. Owner accepted the booking and sent me a detailed message about this rental, location, parking, amenities, and how to get in. Made me feel very comfortable from the very start.

I had family flying in from across the country, and was meeting another in Indy. Location was just a short 30 minute drive to the airport. Very convenient location in the Holy Cross area of the East Side of Indy (where I-70 and I-65 meet, near Angie's List HQ and Arsenal High School).

This rental is easy to get to, and located in a cute neighborhood of nice older homes. I'm sure it is a beautiful location in the Spring/Summer months. Only a few miles from downtown, close to Mass Ave arts district, where we ate at Mimi Blues Meatballs! Just go there!!! Ran across town for Long's Bakery for their famous donuts in the morning (cash only, and yummy!). Uber is available to most downtown areas for under $10. We had a couple cars, so no worries there.

About the duplex:. Parking is available on the street in front or you can fit a couple of cars in the little driveway in front of the garage. Entry is available via a door by the garage, or you can take the steps up to the front door. There are a few duplex units in this little complex. This one is right on the street.

Staying here was liking staying at a friend's house while they are out of town. Key is under the mat (not really), come and go as you please, make yourself comfortable, and help yourself to whatever food, drinks, and snacks you may find. Plenty of extra linens, pillows, blankets, and towels. Even soap, shampoos, and toothpastes in the bathroom.

We only stayed a couple of nights. There were 5 of us. Two comfy bedrooms with Queen beds and a pull out sofa bed in the living room were quite adequate for us. There is also a rollaway bed in the closet for an extra person. So, there is bed space for 7 people (check with the owner to make sure that is OK). Living room had the couch and chair, a coffee table, and a tall breakfast table by the kitchen (with a couple chairs).

One well stocked bathroom with plenty of hot water worked out fine for us. There is a washer and dryer in the little basement. We didn't use them, but they looked nice and new. Laundry soaps were available and ready for use.

Satellite TV available in the living room. No TV's in bedrooms. Just comfy beds, and dressers/mirrors. Plenty of space for bags.

Full kitchen with fridge, microwave, oven/stove. Lots of cabinet space filled with snacks, pots and pans, cups, bowls, containers. Everything you would expect, and more! Keurig with a great selection of coffees and hot cocoa, and a regular coffee pot available as well.

Owner was available and quick to respond to messages and answer questions. Nobody had booked the day we left, so we were allowed to take our time checking out. Thank you for that!

I'm sure I'm forgetting something. Very happy with our stay. Will definitely stay again.

MichelleA...
Union, Missouri
“Journalism teacher”
Reviewed 12 November 2016 for a stay in November 2016

Randy was/is amazing! Imagine my nerves when I found out all the hotels near the high school journalism convention were full or totally out of our budget! Randy's house was the perfect solution for myself & 3 students. Cozy, comfortable, accommodating, perfect! Easy quick Lyft to/from convention & a way to save money by eating some meals there at the house. Just love it! And a welcome gift from Randy, too! He was also quick to help or give tips anytime we needed!

Aja B
Bronx, New York
“Amazing host and Comfy stay”
Reviewed 8 April 2016 for a stay in April 2016

Randy was an amazing host. He answered my messages within two minutes and was available for anything that we needed. The snacks and water definitely came in handy. The house was great for my party of 6 and we fit comfortably. His directions to the place and how to enter the house were so helpful and easy. The attention to detail was amazing and he accommodated all of our needs. I would definitely rent from Randy again if I'm in Indy or if he has other properties.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Customer service at its best
Liked least: The couch, but I was told about this prior to my stay. It was fine.
Travelling group: Friends
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing