“Ellegant”

20:00
Ranked #6 of 2 198 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Price range: US$40 - US$80
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighbourhood: Downtown Indianapolis
Cross street: Illinois
Description: Make it a day to remember. From birthdays and anniversaries to professional milestones, we aim to make every gathering special at The Capital Grille. Open seven days a week, The Capital Grille is best known for its expertly prepared steaks, which are dry-aged in house for 18 to 24 days and then hand-cut by our restaurant's on-premise butcher. The Capital Grille's wine list features more than 350 selections, and its floor-to-ceiling wine kiosk regularly houses 3,500 - 5,000 bottles. Reservations are recommended but not required. For more information, please visit our website. See you soon.
Reviewed 28 January 2021

We have gone to the capital grille on several special occasions, and it is amazing everytime we have gone.Steaks are wonderful and highly recommended.

Date of visit: February 2020
Write a reviewReviews (857)

Reviewed 29 December 2020

Wonderful lobster mac n cheese, wine list and perfect filet. Our server went above and beyond to make us feel comfortable without being over bearing. Perfect atmosphere for an intimate dinner.

Date of visit: December 2020
Reviewed 29 December 2020

I had dinner on Dec 28th at 7pm at this location, my significant other and I LOVE going to Capital Grill due to the AMAZING food and we’ve always enjoyed our waiters. We had amazing food and a great waitress whom honestly showed amazing guest service. The manager Matt from the beginning demonstrated lack of guest service skills despite of never having a issue before .. first we had to add two more people to our reservation which put us over the threshold due to county laws making us sit separate. Completely fine..I called back to inquire and request a certain area of the restaurant and his immediate response was “ I already spoke to the other guy.” Very on defense like I was upset about sitting separate, I was the actually birthday person and I personally wanted to call. When we got to the restaurant we did have to wait at the desk until the lovely bartender greeted us. When we were sat knowing that of course sitting separately is no fun for anyone ( we completely understood why), INSTEAD of sitting us, showing us the sitting, and showing empathy to the situation by asking if this worked... he just walked away. A key component of service is if you know prior that any portion of a guest experience may be altered is to show concern and empathy, instead he was on defense the WHOLE TIME. I noticed that there was a 6ft distance between the booth and another table if we turned it a certain way, I inquire with my AMAZING waitress who KNEW to say right away “I’m sorry this wasn’t what you wanted, but we are happy you’re here.” Service 101..the waitress went to get him and he rushed over to us, “ You had questions about your table !?” You could tell he was upset.. I asked him if this would work and instead of looking into it, he said no it would you wouldn’t be 6ft.. in a way that not acceptable.

I’ve been in this situation I would have at least attempted to demonstrated to the guest I was trying..instead he wanted to be defensive and not handled a guest situation on a level that a manager should.

In addition, I strongly believe since I’m “younger” he didn’t think it was a big deal to be rude on the phone, rude to me at the table, and we weren’t worth the time to demonstrate the service that I know Capital Grill usually has.. instead he treated us like we weren’t valued guest of yours.

No one should be treat unfairly because of their age which is believe is what happened in combination with being very very defensive..

Unfortunately one of my favorite steak houses in Indianapolis, was ruined due to the actions of this manager.

Date of visit: December 2020
1  Thank Melly1993Indiana
Reviewed 17 October 2020 via mobile

Steak was cooked perfectly, almost too
Much food to eat for lunch! A little pricey but still a value for what you get!

Date of visit: October 2020
1  Thank 676chadw
Reviewed 18 August 2020

I went there last night with my lady friend, it was fantastic! Our service was good, food was SUPER, I was disappointed that they were about out of bread, theirs is some of the best!!

Date of visit: August 2020