All reviews hollywood room bridal suite off street parking safe parking lovely home movie posters house is beautiful president benjamin harrison wedding night microwave popcorn anniversary stay close to downtown north side guest rooms enjoyed our stay we've stayed home away from home
Reviewed 15 June 2018

The first floor common area is very nice. The breakfast was excellent and the host/owner is fantastic--very personable, friendly & accommodating. After seeing the other rooms available, I would not stay in the room we chose (the Rose Garden Room). I would however strongly consider a couple of the other rooms available.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
OldNorthside, Owner at Old Northside Bed and Breakfast Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2018

Harry/Debbie,

Next time I'll find the perfect one for you. Count on it.

Thanks for being here.

Gary

Reviewed 15 June 2018

Very hospitable host. Lots of yummy snacks, including homemade cookies. Tons of movies to borrow, if you have time. Felt like home. Lots of decor everywhere. Nice breakfast. Each room has a theme. Good location with easy access to downtown.

Room Tip: If you want a standing shower let them know.
Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
OldNorthside, Owner at Old Northside Bed and Breakfast Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2018

Thanks for the nice words. Coming back soon?

Reviewed 7 June 2018

Anyone contemplating running a B & B should stay at the Old Northside to see how it’s done. A veteran of both show and hospitality business, Gary knows how to please his audience, balancing attentiveness with restraint, and serving a mean banana bread, among other inviting fare, to boot. His house--- a lovingly restored and decorated heritage home in a historic neighborhood a stone’s throw from attractions--- isn’t so much dwelling as performance piece, a testament to acquired interests worth having. I can’t remember the last time I spent part of an evening out of town reading the wallpaper--- in the case of our Hollywood Room, ranging from silver screen idol candids and copy to WWI sheet music. A side benefit of a place this cultured is its artistic clientele: My wife and I never expected to conclude our stay listening to a musician couple perform while our host brought alive one of those ditties from 100 years ago, “My Buddy.” An indelible intro to Indianapolis!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 May 2018

What a great place! I highly recommend the Old Northside B&B if you need to relax in a peaceful, welcoming, fantastic location. I will go back and will refer my friends and family. For my first B&B, I could not have asked for a better experience. From the fresh baked goods daily, to the fantastic breakfast at a beautifully set table. You will want for nothing here.

Room Tip: My room was spotless, the bed was of high quality I slept very peaceful. I have zero complaints.
Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
OldNorthside, Owner at Old Northside Bed and Breakfast Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2018

Thanks so much for the great review, Mary. Hope to see you back here soon. We'll have the cookies ready!

Reviewed 20 May 2018

I wanted to stay near the I.U. Health facility on West 16th Street for a work engagement the following day, and this charming establishment was convenient and quaint. This is a very nice B&B in a lovingly decorated 1885 residence. There are several guest rooms. Traveling solo, I stayed in the Dewenter room which was perfect for my overnight stay. Gary is a fine innkeeper and supplies his guests with plenty of cookies and snacks. Breakfast offerings include scrambled eggs, sausages, banana cake, fresh fruits, an abundance of muffins and more. Among the many treasures to view are photos of Gary with prominent officials and celebrities, including a great pic with Dick Van Dyke, and among many others,Jon Voight, Ginger Rogers and Ann Blyth! (I recommend the 1948 film Mr. Peabody and the Mermaid with Ms. Blyth and the great William Powell) The inn offers hundreds of VHS and DVD movies, so if you left your book at home you will be well entertained. If I have the opportunity I'd gladly stay again, and perhaps next time I could linger a bit and better enjoy the fine furnishings and great woodwork! As a bonus, this inn is fairly close to the President Benjamin Harrison Presidential Site, which is well worth a visit too.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
OldNorthside, Owner at Old Northside Bed and Breakfast Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2018

Chuck,

Thanks so much for the great review! I look forward to welcoming you again. Just give me a call direct.

Thanks again.