All reviews mass ave biscotti b bs coffee shop next door next morning clawfoot tub common space cold beverages within walking distance private bathroom perfect retreat entire house national center incredible stay sitting area daughter's wedding parking pass
Reviewed 3 January 2016 via mobile

This cozy and well-maintained Inn's location is an ideal base to take advantage of Mass Ave's impressive collection of local restaurants and bars, which are in very easy walking distance. It is a longer hike to downtown's main tourist attractions, Circle Center and the sports venues, but they are only a short cab ride away or sign up to use the Blue Indy cars that are right outside the Inn. The second floor of the Inn has a large common area that is constantly stocked with coffee, tea, soft drinks, and biscotti, and there are two smaller sitting rooms downstairs. We were well cared for by John, and the weekend breakfasts were good. The small cafe next door offers a good variety of breakfast items during the week. There is a bit of street noise on the weekends, but nothing unusual for an area so accessible to restaurants and bars.

Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JTSHOS
Leesa S, Owner at Nestle Inn Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2016

So glad you enjoyed Mass Ave, our location and our downtown. I appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your experience. Your feedback gives us a measuring stick about our services and how we provide them. Thanks for mentioning the Blue Indy cars as they are a new amenity as an electric car sharing service for short trips downtown. John, our innkeeper, will be happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay as well. Thanks again for sharing your experience.

Reviewed 13 December 2015 via mobile

I'm not sure if John and Leesa were intentional about creating the anti-B&B, but they did -- in a good way. All the charm of a historic home without the doilies, and with modern conveniences like late check-in. And the location just steps off of Mass Ave. can't be beat. You should plan ahead b/c it's tough to get in at the last minute, but it's worth the wait.

Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank RRobinson3
Leesa S, Owner at Nestle Inn Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2016

I think you came up with a new tag line for Nestle Inn.......the anti-B&B! We like to call it B&B redefined....but either way, I think you captured our purpose of providing a hotel like stay in a redefined B&B experience. Not that we are anti other B&B's........B&B's are a very early example of small businesses.....but we are trying to be modern about our approach. So glad you enjoyed our location and services. Thanks for taking the time to share you experience. Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 6 December 2015

Everything about my experience was amazing! I especially loved the self-check in because it gave my fiancé and I the flexibility to come earlier or later if we wanted. The property is both beautiful on the outside and the inside. My fiancé is deaf and was instantly drawn to the beautiful piano inside the main corridor. My fiancé decided to take his implant off and play the piano and he truly enjoyed that. It made my heart smile seeing how happy he was playing. Our room was also amazing as well. I can't stop saying great things about my experience and I even had the opportunity to meet the owners during the exit of our stay and we also informed them as well. I truly look forward to coming back! If you visit this property, make sure you sit and relax in the library and the main upstairs area! I look forward to coming back!

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Samantha P
Leesa S, Owner at Nestle Inn Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2015

It was so nice to meet you and your fiancee. Our piano was waiting for him! What a wonderful experience to have him play. I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay and our location. We appreciate the details you gave about your stay and we look forward to seeing you again soon! Leesa

Reviewed 28 November 2015

We made a totally last-minute weekday reservation, to sneak in just one night away from the kids. Leesa was responsive and accommodating about check-in and the hiccups in our crazy life, that made us twice change our arrival time. We didn't see much of her, but when we did she was friendly, and she paid nice attention to detail, leaving delicious little snacks for us, tea and coffee.

The street parking wasn't exactly a picnic, but after a few trips around the block, a good spot opened up. Once you find a place to leave your car, you won't necessarily want it back during your stay. You'll want to walk! The Nestle Inn is a beautiful, old house perched on the edge of a fun, revitalized downtown neighborhood. As you exit the cozy, Victorian porch, you're steps from a coffee shop, an industrial-modern bar, an Irish pub, an old-world-style German restaurant and beer hall, a performance venue housed in a century-old Shriner temple, etc. Plenty to do!

Room #1 was more spacious than the Inn's web site photos let on, and very comfortable. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay!

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jeannine V
Leesa S, Owner at Nestle Inn Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2015

Thanks so much for your review. I'm so glad you were able to get away and that you included Nestle Inn in your plans. I'm sorry we didn't communicate better prior to your arrival about the parking lot we have that is one and 1/2 blocks down that you can park in with a parking pass. We try to make the parking situation easy so I'm sorry you had to drive a round a bit. Next time, I'll make sure you have the pass prior to your arrival. So glad our location provided a nice experience for you. I'll be glad to see you again next time you can get away! Leesa

Reviewed 18 November 2015

This well-appointed bed and breakfast is a convenient location just off of the downtown area. Walking distance to many artsy shops and restaurants and one block off of Massachutes avenue. My daughter and I have stayed there annually since they opened over 10 years ago. I highly recommend this over a hotel stay.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled with family
Leesa S, Owner at Nestle Inn Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2015

Thanks so much Skip for taking the time to give us a review. We appreciate the detail you gave so that others can get a sense for how our location can be a bonus! Thanks again for sharing your experience.........I look forward to seeing you and your daughter again! We always enjoy your visits. Leesa