All reviewsbutler's pantrywillow roombed and breakfastquaint neighborhoodplenty of storagedefinitely stay here againthe ground floortwo nightspleasant stayyogurtdowntown indystar hotelfondashowerpopcornhostscreaky
Reviewed 12 October 2015

I just do not even know where to begin. This B&B is a mere 2 miles from the city center of Indy, yet is in a quiet and beautiful neighborhood comprised of large Victorian homes. I spent four nights in downtown Indy for a conference and checked out to spend the weekend at the Looking Glass Inn. I was traveling alone but when I left I felt as though I was leaving friends. Cathy, the Innkeeper, is a lovely person and it is clear meeting and assisting others is her passion. I stayed in the Green room which was very comfortable and homey with a two person spa tub that really is large enough for two people! Everything was clean and comfortable. I really did feel like I was at home. The breakfast was delicious; one morning was potato/onion/ rosemary quiche and the following morning was pumpkin break pudding, both along with sausage. Cathy certainly knows how to cook up a delightful breakfast. In addition cereals and fresh fruit are available. The 2nd floor includes a galley with complimentary sodas, popcorn, snacks, coffee, and a microwave. While this is certainly not the JW Marriott (which is where I stayed in the downtown area), I left here feeling most welcome and looking for free time in my schedule to visit again. I truly cannot say enough wonderful things about my stay other than - Thank you, Cathy, for making my stay memorable!

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank Pstcyr01
Reviewed 1 July 2015

A very relaxing stay, Cathy was an amazing host, and added a lot to the experience with her calm demeanour and her delicious cooking. The weather was cold wintry and we were able to borrow a snow shovel.

Room Tip: The ground floor room was good, there is no elevator.
  • Stayed: February 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Rosie988
Reviewed 23 May 2015

We stayed here for three nights in May 2015 to attend the Indy 500 motor race. We followed our satnav to the street, and our first impression was most-positive. This is a super-pretty small hotel, with free on-street parking in a lovely neighbourhood.

Inn-keeper (manager) Cathy met us at the door, took our questions, and took us to our HUGE room - the full top floor, called the "Hideaway" room. This is an older property, so don't expect the Marriott. But everything was clean, comfortable and worked including good free wifi. Tasty breakfast is included.

It is a ten minute walk to downtown Indianapolis (maybe 15 minutes?). It is a pleasant walk, that feels safe. It is a 4.7 mile (source Google) walk to the Indianapolis Motor Speedway straight along 16th Street - so much easier than traffic, queues and buses.

There are rocking chairs on the front porch, and we enjoyed a bottle of wine and watched the afternoon fade, and evening slip in - idyllic. In over an hour, just two cars passed by; this is a simple measure of the peace and tranquility you'll enjoy here (with an occasional train klaxon far-far away).

Highly recommended. We'd 100% definitely return if we came back to Indianapolis. If my review has informed or advised you, please reward me with a "Helpful" vote. Thank you.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
12  Thank Stephen A
Reviewed 21 January 2015

I have been to a number of B&B's before, but this place follows up like I have never experienced. After we made the reservation on line, there was follow-up, a week before there was follow up, the day of our arrival they also called to make sure all was right. What a group! Oh, yes, there are 3 B&B's connected together in the same neighborhood. One has a Spa which we took advantage of getting a massage. That was also excellent. The Inn was spotless and the service was over the top.

Room Tip: We had a front room, the Willow room which was in the front, no noise from the street. A quiet neighborhood.
  • Stayed: January 2015, travelled as a couple
3  Thank ewhite0640
Reviewed 10 September 2014

We really enjoyed our recent stay. Nestled in a very quaint, tree-lined neighborhood. Very friendly and helpful innkeeper. She was willing to accommodate my gluten-free diet and provided a very delicious breakfast. The inn is very clean and well-maintained, furnished with wonderful antiques. Also enjoyed spending some time on the porch swing after breakfast. Truly outstanding value in Indy!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends