“They could use some security!”

Crackers Comedy Club
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My husband and I like to attend comedy shows when we travel to kind of wind up the evening out. This was our second trip to Crackers. The first time the warm up acts were just "ok" but the headliner was hysterical! This past time, both warm up acts not funny, but the headliner was pretty good. The part that made it all not so great, was the constant distraction from a very drunk guy sitting almost directly in front of us. He was talking SO loudly to his group that it was about all we could hear and provided a severe distraction to us, and especially the couple in front of us, who were almost at the same table with him. He kept talking, and his wife/gf kept shushing him, but then it's almost as if he got louder. All the while, people in the general area kept looking at each other, and rolling their eyes, like "OMG is anyone ever going to tell this guy to shut up?" and finally the guy in front of us, politely asked him to be quiet, and the guy went off taunting the couple until words were exchanged and the drunk guy got up, screamed obscenities at the couple asking him to please be quiet so they could enjoy the show, and then the headliner got involved, basically stopping his show and trying to make light of an uncomfortable situation for many. The rest of the guys group got up and left, but also felt the need to exchange words with several people on their way out. All of this made me think about the fact that none of the employees were willing to say anything, and even if they did, if it got heated, none of them looked like they were prepared to deal with the situation effectively. Comedy can sometimes be controversial, which can lead to volatile situations, especially when liquor is involved. I think they could benefit from someone, or someone(s) monitoring the crowd for this type of behavior, as well as a disclaimer when you buy your tickets, to let you know if you step out of line you will be ejected. Period.

1  Thank Adamsfamily520
in 5 reviews
"blast"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Had a great night but I attribute that to the comedians we had. We really had a great lineup that made up for the night. Worth the ticket price. Drinks, as usual for a comedy club, are overpriced but these were probably the weakest drinks we've ever had at a comedy club. Gross food but that is also usual. Also, if you use the Groupon, you need to get it 24 hours before the actual show you want to see. Just keep that in mind so you are not disappointed. Also cash only if buying tickets at the door.

Reviewed 1 October 2017 via mobile

Arrived at 9:00 for a 9:45 show
Kept in the waiting area for over an hour because early show ran over. Then when we were finally able to get into the main room we were met with a very crabby woman taking tickets. She talked back to several of us in our group when we expressed how miserable our wait was she just kept blaming it on everyone else. I know it wasn't her fault but the first key to customer service is just empathize and apologize. She was very argumentative.
Those of us in our group always make a point to see Drew Lynch when he is in town. I am afraid that next time he comes around we won't be attending.
We did find out from our waiter that the reason for the delay was the kitchen and not the comedian going over on time. Oh and to add insult to injury the ladies restroom is out of order.
I feel bad for the acts coming out to a grumpy crowd.

Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

We visited for our wedding anniversary to see DL Hughley. Very friendly crowd of people. The comedians were hilarious. Great group from start to end. I would recommend for the comedians with no hesitation. My problem is the 2 drink minimum. You cannot substitute food for a "drink". I would think that your whole goal is to make money so if I would rather buy a meal and a drink with that, that should suffice. The drinks were watered down. I would chance to say there was no liquor in my drink. I ordered the Kneepad and the banana split and didn't taste much alcohol if any. In the future, I will arrive early, visit a different bar, drink and then order soft drinks at the club. If they are gonna have a 2 drink minimum requirement, they should at least have a bartender that makes drinks with the expected amount of alcohol. So my only complaint is the watered down drinks and the required 2 drink minimum.