The Good: Great location, reasonable price for weekend stay in Indy. Very cool old building.
The carpets throughout were dirty - hallways, common rooms, etc. The carpet in our room had popcorn kernels, bits of trash, food crumbs, etc. all over it.
There was a chair in our room that was covered in water stains. We put it in the closed because it was nasty.
There was mold growing up the wall of the shower and in the channel of the door.
When they replaced our towels, they only gave us 2 for 4 people. When I asked for more at the desk, the lady laughed and said they hadn't had anyone to do laundry the day before. She did supply me with 2 more towels.
Overall, we were disappointed that such a beautiful old building was being neglected with poor housekeeping. We won't stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The ideal accommodation to experience the natural beauty and harmonious blend of landscape and history. This resort and lodging complex features the Garrison Conference Center, as well as the championship Fort Golf Course. Available lodging experiences include guest rooms and suites, and fully furnished former Officer's homes. Located within 20 minutes of downtown Indianapolis. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Fort Harrison State Park Inn, Golf Resort & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fort Harrison State Park Inn, Golf Hotel Indianapolis
- Fort Harrison State Park Inn, Golf Resort And Conference Center