Fort Harrison State Park Inn, Golf Resort & Conference Center
Ranked #59 of 185 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed 6 August 2016

Visited Indy during the week of the 500 time trials and wanted to be away from all the craziness that happens around the track. This is a nice and out of the way place from all the hustle and bustle of things and only a 25-30 min drive to the track and downtown Indy. Clean & quiet, most rooms updated, large bathroom,plenty of pillows , breakfast was ok usual stuff. Stayed in room 222 which is a corner upper room/nice sitting room attached to bedroom/also great golf course /check out their "Stay & Play" packages.

Room Tip: room #222 is awesome
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled solo
2  Thank Curt W
Penny B, Front Office Manager at Fort Harrison State Park Inn, Golf Resort & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2016

Thank you for letting us know that you enjoyed your stay! We look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed 12 July 2016

Free access to the park when you stay and the golf course looked nice though I wasn't able to play this time around. The rental clubs were TaylorMade M2's in good condition.

The room was spacious (206) but lacked a bit. The carpet had several stains and the furniture was a bit dirty along with the full length mirror. Breakfast is included, but nothing spectacular. Also, the window blinds were a bit lacking so much of the morning light came in early.

I would likely not stay there again as we did most of the park on our stay.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ScubaGolfer142
Reviewed 12 July 2016 via mobile

Upon entering, you immediately know that you're in for something different. The building reminded me of a horror film mansion and I joked with the front desk people that it felt like one of those haunted houses. Anyway, it was interesting (in a good way), especially if you're sick of the standard hotel fare. There is always something to look at.

My room was cozy and clean, and the bathroom was huge. It had a giant stand up shower as well (I think I booked an accessible room by mistake because of the equipment in the shower).

I didn't have time to stay and eat breakfast, but it looked decent and the coffee was delicious.

No ghosts were encountered, ha.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 June 2016

I stayed here on my way home and was flabbergasted over how nice the Inn was. All rooms are updated. The walkin shower was amazing. I have not seen a shower like it with 4 different shower heads. All new and modern fixtures in a quaint Inn with beautiful antique furniture in the rooms. Breakfast was very nice. Very classy. Was not expecting an old historic building to be so updated and nice. You can't go wrong unless you find wrong in anything. Very friendly and helpful staff.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 June 2016

The staff that handled the horses were rude beyond belief. I signed in and paid to take my granddaughter riding, she turned 8 and was finally able to go. The gentleman told me to go over to the other side. They were putting a helmet on my granddaughter and I was waiting for her. He yelled from the lot and said OVER HERE. I told him I was waiting for Kaomi and would be just a second. I wanted to show her a horse that looked like her dad's when he was little. The man was exceptionally irritated with me. So I tried to say sorry and explain. His attitude turned nasty. Because my granddaughter wanted to go, I told him he was right and said sorry again. He started berating me again and involved another lady who was nice and said we should just follow the rules I said okay and he started again, so I told Kaomi to get down and asked for a refund. We can ride elsewhere and if you can tolerate the rude staff, it is a great trail.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
4  Thank kendra3643
Travellers also viewed these Indianapolis hotels
Baymont Inn & Suites Indianapoli...
#131 of 185 in Indianapolis
Conrad Indianapolis
Conrad Indianapolis
#3 of 185 in Indianapolis
1 475 reviews

Been to Fort Harrison State Park Inn, Golf Resort & Conference Center? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Fort Harrison State Park Inn, Golf Resort & Conference Center

Address: 5830 N Post Rd, Indianapolis, IN 46216-1048 (Formerly Kendall Inn)
Region: United States > Indiana > Indianapolis
Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Restaurant Suites Wheelchair access
Ranked #59 of 185 Hotels in Indianapolis
Price Range: R1 744 - R3 209 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
The ideal accommodation to experience the natural beauty and harmonious blend of landscape and history. This resort and lodging complex features the Garrison Conference Center, as well as the championship Fort Golf Course. Available lodging experiences include guest rooms and suites, and fully furnished former Officer's homes. Located within 20 minutes of downtown Indianapolis. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Fort Harrison State Park Inn, Golf Resort & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Fort Harrison State Park Inn, Golf Resort And Conference Center