“The little big zoo”
Review of Indianapolis Zoo

Indianapolis Zoo
Ranked #28 of 181 things to do in Indianapolis
More attraction details
Owner description: Home to over 2,000 animals and Indiana's largest aquarium, this 64-acre zoo has lions, elephants and other wild animals roaming through natural settings. A special petting area allows children to touch, but not feed, the tamer animals. There's also the world's largest enclosed dolphin show and a roller-coaster for all ages to enjoy.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I went to zoo today and for what it is, it is very interesting.

I understand it's expensive to take care of these animals so with that in mind I did mind paying for parking and another 20 to get in.... military discount. Thank you!
They have small exhibits but all very well kept.

They close at 5 during the week so get there in time for the shows.
I enjoyed all the exhibits.
I can't speak for the shows as I was too late.
You can be through here in an hour or spend a few hours here.
The two photos I took with my phone..the rest are on my Canon.
I guess you could call this a little big zoo.

Write a ReviewReviews (2 199)
All reviews
"cages"
in 28 reviews

15 - 19 of 2 199 reviews

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My husband and I went to the zoo for a day away from the office and to celebrate an anniversary. Getting tickets online in advance is a great way to save money and time. You can just show them the UPC on your phone at the gate to get in. Super easy. The animals were all out and about and active. Most times I visit zoos they seem to be hiding. I was pleased with the grounds and the care that the staff has taking care of the animals.We arrived at about 10:00 am and saw the whole thing in one day. My favorites were the Plains, and the McCaw flight (try to see that! WOW!). We missed the dolphin show we had tickets for because we thought the train ride might be fun - BIG MISTAKE.... I would have scored this a 5 star if it weren't for being ripped off by that train ride. Seriously? You saw nothing except 'behind the scenes' - let me save you some dollars - that means you will see parking lots, streets, a gas station and lots of out buildings with ONE glimpse of an animal - the giraffe if they are close to it. Perhaps it would have been more interesting if you could hear the narration - but we couldn't because there was not a speaker close to us. The sky ride wasn't working either. Had I paid full price for all the 'extras' and had them not working or not what I expected, I'd have been upset. It looks like there is a lot of exciting things in the works and we'll return. We really LOVED the gardens - definitely go see the beautiful ponds and butterfly sanctuary.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Made the three hour trip to Indy yesterday. The weather (mid 70's, partly sunny)was ideal. Macaws were flying not more than a foot from my face, the baby orangutan was putting on a show with a bushel basket, and the tiger was taking a dip in the water. And that was all within the first half hour of our visit! Temps in the middle 70's made it ideal animal watching weather. We concluded our visit with the Dolphin Adventure. Parking was 7$ and online I purchased adult tickets for 20$ each which included admission to the dolphin encounter. We will be back.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We are members of the Fort Wayne zoo. We come to the Indy zoo once a year and would love to come more, but it’s just to expensive. Most zoos offer pretty good discounts with our membership, but not much is offered here. After paying to park and entry it turns into an expensive day very quickly. The exhibits are great, the place is clean, and food is tasty. Just too pricey for more trips.