“Great Food! Great Service!”

Tried & True Alehouse
Ranked #20 of 206 Restaurants in Greenwood
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We saw on Tried & Ture's FB Page that they were helping celebrate "Hamburger Week" with $5 burgers (they normally get about $10 with a side of fries - the $5 burger was their signature burger - the Alehouse w/o sides).
I added onion rings and we both enjoyed a tall Yuengling on tap.
The food came in good time (1/2 of the beer) and was very good! Juicy and flavorful!
The onion rings were crispy and delicious.
Service was great at the bar.
Total tab for two (before tip & taxes) $22
We'll be back for sure!

Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

Really weren’t impressed with the service, or the “seat yourself wherever you want in the huge bar section” but the food and drinks were great! Nice option for beer flights and good selection of cocktails. Highly recommend the chicken and waffles appetizer; it was delicious!!!

Reviewed 1 May 2018 via mobile

I had been here soon after it opened for a week day lunch. I always try a fried tenderloin as a Hoosier. While the place was nearly empty, the service was slow. When they finally brought my sandwich and fries they were both cold. The server didn't check back with me until I was ready to go with no refills on my iced tea.

Last week I returned with my brother and sister-in-law. When I arrived I was told the wait was 25 minutes but I could seat myself in the bar area. When I walked in there were 2 tables for 6 with one person at each. They each sat alone the entire time. I say within 10 feet of the hostess at a counter not the bar. I asked if I could sit there. After 20 minutes no server came to me. I waived at the person seating people and she just smiled. I watched her and up to 3 other employees stand and talk and text on their phone. Finally I asked them if they could send someone to take our order. Finally someone showed to take our order. That was the last time he came. Someone else brought our drinks about 15 minutes later. About half an hour brought our food which was cold. My onion rings were greasy and almost all breading. Finally I went to the bar to get more drinks. That took 10 minutes as they only had one bartender for probably 100 patrons. I was surprised the place was crowded as it was probably the worst service that I have had in years and the food is mediocre even if served warm.

Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

We came here on 4/28 for my wife’s birthday around 7:45pm. We were told there was a 15 minute wait but that ended up being 35. That’s my old knock on this place. The beer was good, the service was fantastic. We got the chicken and waffle appetizer. I highly recommend. For dinner I got the beef tips and shrimp and it was very delicious. The garlic mashed potatoes and garlic broccoli were solid sides.

Reviewed 27 April 2018 via mobile

Samantha made great suggestions! The burgers are amazing and loved the horseradish guacamole Swiss burger!! Great combination and the fries are divine!! The bbq chicken flatbread won the vote tonight!!
Check out their local craft beers and SKB wins in my book!