All reviewscontinental breakfastboutique hotelohio riverrain shower headevery directionbeautiful hoteltropicana casinohard boiled eggsthe nicest hotelsthree starfresh fruitlarge roomvisit evansvillenon smoking roomford centerstaff was friendlystayed one night
Reviewed 9 June 2018

I stayed at Le Merigot last night while attending the Indiana GOP State Convention. Let me say, that I have stayed in many hotels over the years in many cities and this was far and away one of the nicest hotels I have ever stayed in. The shower has a rain shower head, a regular head, and two side shower heads. The bathroom is as big as a bedroom. The linens are phenomenal and I slept like a log. I could see the Ohio River from my room. In addition, The Tap House is connected, along with the Casino. Very fun. When I next visit Evansville, I will be sure to return to Le Merigot!

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the river.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 May 2018 via mobile

If you like the odor of tobacco smoke then this is the hotel for you. Even in our non smoking room the smoke permeated our clothes and suitcases. Everything needed to be dry cleaned or aired out including our suitcases upon our return. Although breakfast is supposed to be included all that was available was a continental breakfast in a converted hotel room. Had the hotel been fair, they would have provided a credit toward breakfast at the adjacent Tropicana. The room was adequate but a poor value. Pretty awful given the smoke filled environment. I would never return, EVER.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank lasereyesdoc
Reviewed 27 January 2018 via mobile

This is a new place fo me to visit. This hotel is brand new and it shows. All was very clean quiet and nice. Room had Al the amenities and a multi head shower that was 8 x 8 and water jets every where. The Continental breakfast was a little lite but I suspect that will change once the hotel is finished. Bed was big soft and warm.
I hope to be back soon.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Rnick1015
David S, Manager at Le Merigot at Tropicana, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2018

Thank you for your comments. They are greatly appreciated. We hope to have our complimentary continental breakfast back down in our new lobby within the next few weeks. We'll have more room with more offerings....waffles will be back! Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to serving you again.

Reviewed 19 December 2017

The room was a little outdated but the staff and area made up for it. The shower pressure is amazing. The staff was so helpful in referring places to eat and visit. The manager even took the time to visit with us. I think this is a great place for couples to stay when they visit!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Meredith C

Sorry I missed this last month! Thank you for sharing your experience. Your feedback is very important. I'm glad that our team was able to make your stay with us more enjoyable. With our new land based casino, our offerings are more convenient. We have live music every night in our club "421" and we keep the party going into the late night on Fridays and Saturdays with top rated DJ's. Downtown Evansville continues to add new restaurants and points of interest as well. Everything is within a short distance. Don't forget that we provide complimentary transportation to downtown venues. We have plans to "refresh" the hotel this year so please stay tuned for more exciting news from Tropicana. Thank you again. We can't wait to welcome you back!

Reviewed 12 October 2017 via mobile

This is a nice hotel with a friendly staff and a step above most one night hotels. The room has everything you would need except a fridge. The bathroom is a little nicer than most with a separate toilet area and nice fixtures. The views can be nice if you get a high floor. It is very close to the casino also.

Stayed: October 2017