“Awful...”

Cuisines: British
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

We honestly don’t know how it gets 4.9 rating.
Lamb chops yesterday we’re almost impossible to cut and when I did get the meat out I couldn’t t chew it so it went in the napkin!! I made the staff aware and she replied that they were the last 2.....well I didn’t get to eat them so at least she got them back!! Salad was nice.
Hubby had steak with a cheese sauce, he wasn’t 100% sure but he’s managed to spend most of the night on the loo.....these 2 meals were the only cooked things we ate yesterday.
We should’ve ran when we saw the placemats put down in front of us. I commented then they were dropping to bits and the young girl told me they were the better ones!!!

Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

Attending for a meal with a group of friends after it being recommended by Vicky at Travelodge South Witham.
It did not disappoint. Food was absolutely out of this world and at amazingly good price. Great selection of drinks and nice warm friendly atmosphere. Just amazing

Reviewed 14 June 2018 via mobile

Stopped here as a group on the way to the near by 'Rat Race'. We'd travelled all the way from Aberdeen and we were fed up with motorway stop food!
As the token Englishman, i knew i would live this place the minute we stopped.
Set in the picturesque sandstone village of Colsterworth, the open fire, early summer heat and gentle buzz of patrons at the bar.....bliss.
Anyway, the food was very tasty, clearly home made and freshly prepared. Great service to boot.
I can't see me passing this way again anytime soon, but if you are, then dont hesitate.

Reviewed 13 June 2018

Was working away from home for 4 days a week for about 3 weeks. Was recommended this pub by the staff at the at a near by Travelodge. Can't recommend this pub highly enough. Really friendly staff especially Beth & Jan. They really looked after me. The food here is fabulous all home made & a choice of potatoes with fresh vegetables reasonably priced certainly worth a visit

Reviewed 9 June 2018 via mobile

Called here with a group of friends and the food was excellent with a good selection.

The desserts were too.

Large portions but reasonable prices.

Friendly staff too.

Shame I don’t live nearer or I’d eat here more.