US$58
US$115
US$104
Priceline
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$118/night.

Free cancellation until 27/07
US$68
US$56
US$65
Travelocity
All reviewsbowling alleythe lower levelparking passfloor roomcentral locationplace to staybreakfast areano frillschampaign urbanaquadstudentscampuslodgingchainlinens
Reviewed 25 January 2017

This visit was a pleasure from reserving the room thru the check out process. I have no interest in the décor, but always want quiet and very clean. In fairness, the room was very pretty - it was very quiet and very clean. The staff was great, both on the phone and in person. I got there earlier than the check in time, and the check in staff gave me a parking pass so I could park even though technically I wasn't actually a guest yet (but I had my confirmation). The building itself was beautiful and I was on every floor over the course of my visit. The lower level had 2 or 3 places to eat, and a bowling alley.

I came into Urbana from I-74 and this hotel was easy to find and very centrally located. Will stay here again when I am in this area.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with friends
IlliniUnionHotel-Rep, Hotel Representative at Illini Union Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2017

Hello and thank you for leaving such a glowing and honest review of the Illini Union Hotel! We greatly appreciate you taking the time to let others know how your stay went. It's so great that you were able to see so much of the building. There's a lot of beautiful craftsmanship that went into this facility and we're always proud to show it off. Again, we thank you for choosing to stay at the Illini Union Hotel and we look forward to having you again!

Reviewed 2 November 2016

I have not been to Urban-Champaign and have no connection to UI. I was booked here by the university for a business trip and would definitely stay here again if I come back to the area. The hotel room was large, spotless, comfortable and had a nice view of the quad. Very convenient to any place on campus. The people working at the tech store know their Macs, and it was fun to hang out with students on the ground floor while I had a coffee and checked e-mail.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side overlook the Quad.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank CathyLen
IlliniUnionHotel-Rep, Representative at Illini Union Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2016

Thank you, Cathy, for taking the time to leave such a great review! We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay at the Illini Union Hotel and we welcome you back any time you're int he area. We'll be sure to pass on your nice words about the Tech Zone as well, they'll be glad to know their expertise is appreciated! Happy travels!

Reviewed 7 October 2016

Every few years, I get back to UI (alma mater) just to visit the area. We always stay at the Illini Union. I think it is the "thing to do."

The folks (students?) at check-in were very nice and helpful (although they couldn't get me an early check-in). You get a parking spot just a few yards from an entrance when you stay here.

We stayed in a 2-queen room, which was very nice. The bed was comfortable. The bathroom was a little cramped, having the sink and counter in it. The shower was very good, but the towels were like sandpaper. The hallway was incredibly quiet.

You get a $5 voucher for each person that can be used at 7 eating places, e.g., Einstein Brothers, Starbucks, etc., in the Union. The voucher says, "valid 7-10:30." Unfortunately, the opening of these eating places are not the same nor do they necessarily open at 7 A.M. (when I was ready for breakfast). It would be helpful if hours of operation of each place were printed on the voucher. And, why have an ending time of 10:30, or at all?

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank urbanguy
Reviewed 21 July 2016

I did not attend and I have no attachments to U of I. That said. Beautiful well kept rooms, modern amities, and all of it right on campus await you when you are able to check into Illini Union Hotel at University of Illinois. I have enjoyed visiting U of I through friends, family, and volunteer organizations; enjoyed walking the campus and visiting the local spots of interest for many decades. One of the great buildings is the Illini Student Union: I have always enjoyed walking through the open parts of the building looking at the materials used within to create a beautiful building that has lasted for many decades helping support many people and their footprints graduate from U of I and beyond. I had a chance at staying there overnight and it was Great! The rooms are clean, water pressure is fantastic. Tidiness is a rule: taken care of by the students who bust their buts going to school and then going to work at the hotel too; this pride shows in the spit and polish, plus attention to detail shown by every student worker. If you're an Alumnus you owe it to yourself to stay in your stomping grounds. Parking is available through the Hotel close by- That's One reason that I suggest contacting them to see what's happening at U of I when you want to stay.

Room Tip: Contact the hotel for parking and to see what's going on at U of I- if it's busy you'll be glad you called them!
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank arts713
IlliniUnionHotel-Rep, Hotel Representative at Illini Union Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2016

Thank you, arts713, for such a great review of the Illini Union Hotel! We are proud to be within such a beautifully preserved building here in the heart of the U of I campus. Also, thank you for mentioning our hard-working students. They are the lifeblood of the Illini Union, including the Hotel, and we couldn't do much of what we do without them. Thanks so much and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 14 July 2016

It is a homecoming. My last being 2008 after my graduation in 1986 (no typo here). having spent 6 years (1980-1986) in UIUC. It is good to be back.

The Illini Union Hotel is right in the heart of UIUC, with the gorgeous and serene quad right behind, engineering, Math, Stat, Chemistry in her vicinity. It is also near to many eateries along Green Street, which are less than 5 minutes walk. The hotel is actually part of the Illini Union. So you have the convenience of reading lounges there. Once you get the WiFi, it works with the entire campus. This is a plus. The room is big and spacious. The beds are big and comfy.
Another plus, it is right next to Shuttle bus stops from chicago and nearby cities.

However, the writing desk is small. Almost non-existing hotel-like service. Reception was served by students working part-time (I did not verify this though). After checking in, you are on your own, figure out how to get connected with the WiFi with instructions written in a piece of paper. Reception was very poor in the corner of the hotel, and I needed to change to another room to have the WiFi connection rectified. Calls from outside were lost because they had trouble in transferring the calls. The safe does not work, and it was not rectified during my 3 days' stay. Considering the fact that it is really a no-frill stay, I consider the room charge US$129 plus tax per night was a bit steep.

But for nostalgic sake, I chose to stay here. I missed the Illini Union Bookstore which used to be in the basement but moved to a few blocks away. The bookstore is now basically a textbook and souvenir store. What a pity!

Room Tip: Not all rooms are equal in reception of WiFi. If you need good connection, ask them for the right rooms.
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled solo