Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
Free cancellation until 21/07/03
Booking.comUS$200
FindHotel
Orbitz.comUS$171
All reviews rented a car pool towels are surf turf water pressure specialty coffee each morning nice balcony pirate bay king bed shrimp free shuttle hamburger seafood ultra all inclusive package pools beaches willemstad
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 March 2020

Food: loved the pancakes at breakfast, loved that you could get freshly made snacks at the bar, smoothies were awesome, liked the surf n turf for the a la carte dining (note that it's at the buffet restaurant, not a different place), liked the BBQ dinner (they give you the meat and you grill yourself). Be sure to book both of these.

Suggestions: keep food warmer, provide sanitizer as you enter, and provide tongs for croissants/bread

Free shuttles to different beaches and Willemstad. That was really helpful and saved a lot of $. Sometimes we found our own way back by local bus. They drop you off on the main road and it's a 10 minute walk. Dogs may bark at you but don't make eye contact and keep walking. They won't hurt you.

Relaxed atmosphere. Many pools and water slides. Felt very safe. Clean accommodation

This is not a 5 star resort so keep that in mind and you will enjoy it. Water pressure low at times and sometimes no water. Wifi good on balcony but not in the room. Buffet food not that hot but the food itself was good. Breakfast only open 8am to 10am and lunch 12-2 but snacks available at bars s not a problem. Pizza made to order was good. AC only works in bedroom and you will get charged if you use it too much (ie leave it on all day and night). Beds really small and pillow too thin. Again, this is 3.5 star resort so I was happy with it overall.

I would definitely return to this resort!

Date of stay: February 2020
2  Thank 826sunshine2016
Kunukuresort, Front Office Manager at Kunuku Aqua Resort all inclusvie Curacao - TM Wyndham, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2020

Dear Sunshine,

Thank you very much for your nice review.
Hopefully we will see you soon again!

With sunny greetings,

Reviewed 18 February 2020

The staff in the office are not friendly do not explain policy. The resort has only one restaurant. You have to ask the staff to bring you to your room. They don't have bell boys. The entertainment team is non existent. No bingo. I would not return to this resort. The pros the resort is close to the airport. There closes beach is pisdasiro beach. There is free shuttle to Punda .

Date of stay: January 2020
1  Thank Lissy20167
Kunukuresort, Front Office Manager at Kunuku Aqua Resort all inclusvie Curacao - TM Wyndham, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2020

Dear lissy,

We are sorry to hear that your stay wasn't as you expected.
Unfortunately we are not a 5 stars hotel.

Still, we hope that you have enjoyed the beautiful island.

Reviewed 9 January 2020

Kunuku Aqua Resort has a very pleasant, relaxed atmosphere, five pools and the water slides, which the kids enjoyed at maximum; very convenient restaurant on site (all inclusive), with tasty food and a good variety of options. The chef is awesome! The rooms are basic, but very clean, just what we needed, since most of the day every day we spent at the pool or the beaches. Nice balcony, to enjoy a book, a coffee, a drink. It is close to many beaches, 10-15 min to the airport, 20-25 min to Willemstad. Convenient, free parking on site. The staff is helpful, but could smile more. Pool towels are allowed to be changed twice a week, but it took us four tries for the reception to have clean ones available. The walls are a little thin and the balcony door doesn't close tight (but it locks), so it helps if your neighbors are considerate with the noise.

Date of stay: December 2019
Kunukuresort, Front Office Manager at Kunuku Aqua Resort all inclusvie Curacao - TM Wyndham, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2020

Dear Wishiwasthere89,

Thank you for your nice review.

Reviewed 2 January 2020

It was a horrible experience.Bad food,very bad services. Never come back.
I don't recomand.
It' s a pitty for the nature lovers. Lovely beaches,white sand but the worst services ever.
The resort don't have 4 stars.
Maybe 2.
They don't came to change towels and sheets for 6 days.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank DominicBean777
Kunukuresort, Front Office Manager at Kunuku Aqua Resort all inclusvie Curacao - TM Wyndham, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2020

Dear DominicBean777,

unfortunately to hear that your stay wasn't as you expected.

Thank you for your review and hopefully you had still an amazing time on the island.

Reviewed 2 January 2020 via mobile

We went here over Christmas with our kids ages 2.5 and 4.5 years old.

Resort was very different from those in Cuba, Dominican, Bahamas etc... it lacks a main lobby area which isn’t a big deal. It’s small so if it’s busy you may end up waiting outside for your turn.

Room:

We stayed in H12. We liked the location. Our room was nice but there was a septic smell in our bathroom that was quite strong. And we’re campers who use outhouses and our country water smells like eggs but this smell was hard to handle. Other people didn’t have this issue though so I think it was just our room. We did report it and it was a bit better next day.

Food: the buffet was good but lacking in selection. If this was my first time I wouldn’t have noticed and thought it was great. But this was my 7th all inclusive and the buffet options are very limited even compared to 3 star resorts in Cuba. That being said we always found food to eat and had enough to eat. It did become a bit repetitive as buffets usually do. The quality of the food was good.

Pizza place is really good for pizza but service was very unfriendly. I’d love to see more smiling.

There’s a difference between ultra inclusive and all inclusive. If you can, do ultra.

Pools: probably the best part about this resort. Our kids thoroughly enjoyed all the different slides. Even the big ones were fun for our 2 little ones!

If you’re staying here I’d recommend using the free shuttles to the beaches or renting a car. We did both. We did a shuttle to pirate bay where we enjoyed a day at the beach and we rented a car for 2 days which was enough for us to explore 5 different beaches as well as Willemstad. The north beaches are my favourite. I missed having a beach right on the resort but if you have a car it’s a nice way to make sure you get off the resort and see the country.

All in all we had a good time. Some suggestions for the resort to help improve would be:

- reusable cups? I know glass by the pool isn’t always safe but it’s a shame to see so much waste with the single use plastic cups. Also pizza place always gives pizza in box even when asked for a plate. And it doesn’t look like they get recycled. Would love to see more options to make the resort a bit more eco friendly especially since it didn’t seem to be too much of a party place - glass cups may be an option?

- . While I understand the serve yourself option from the buffet it’d be nice to be offered drinks. Or have bigger cup sizes available. The cups were so small I felt like I was doing shots by the water machine so I wouldn’t have to get up out of my seat 5 times to get more water.

- friendlier service - some people were wonderful but others looked so sad. I’m not sure what can be done about this but some wouldn’t even make eye contact with me let alone smile and I’m a very kind person. We did meet one lady from the buffet who was very sweet to my youngest.

Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Mish1100
Kunukuresort, Front Office Manager at Kunuku Aqua Resort all inclusvie Curacao - TM Wyndham, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2020

Dear Mish,

Thank you for your review!
Hopefully we will see you soon again.