“Undesirable Experience!”

Fox & Hound Schaumburg
Ranked #7 of 7 Nightlife in Schaumburg
Reviewed 16 November 2015

My husband received a Gift Card from the Management of the Fox & Hound at a Golf Outing. The gift card was for 1 hour of Billiards and 2 Party Platters of Apps. We attempted to utilize this last Saturday and were very rudely turned down. i will say I didn't read the "fine print" correctly, I thought this was a coupon for up to 10 people, of which we had 4, but apparently you had to bring a party of 10! We were then also told that on this specific day, even if we had the 10 people, it was a "black out date" due to a UFC fight they were preparing for (hours later!). We arrived around 3:30pm, simply wanting to enjoy some fun and this fight was not until 6PM. When we explained to the hostess/mgr that we would then just pay for a Billiard Table and purchase our drinks, they were very hesitant to even serve us, stalling on "allowing" us to have a table...they finally indicated they had one we could have for a short time. Once we set up shop, it was like pulling teeth to get a cocktail! Server was not attentive at all! I have been to the Fox and Hound in Naperville and had good experiences so I was very surprised to have gotten such a cold shoulder from the one in Schaumburg!

2  Thank DebbieSteinNakaerts

Reviewed 25 April 2015

Drove around looking for a place for an after 8PM bite to eat and found the Fox and Hound. Since there were signs of life inside, we gave it a try and were promptly seated on a slow Sunday evening. It looks a lot smaller from outside than when one enters to findwide open seating surrounded by booths along the walls, and a divided but open room with pools tables and the like, which were modestly busy.

So...

Burger - very good.
Fries - dry, not good.
Beer - ice cold.
Service - Very good.
Price - Somewhat overpriced.
Ambiance - Good.
Cleanliness - Excellent
Over all experience - Average.

Probability I'd return - 25%

Reviewed 17 April 2015

They are located in a very good location with many businesses within a few minutes in the area. Very nice restaurant, very clean, service was good, food was very good also. The problem is the noise level. The place is so loud that it is almost impossible to talk to someone sitting 2 feet away from you. There is absolutely no reason the noise level has to be so high. In addition, they were doing Karaoke and the volume was unacceptable. This drove everyone to have to shout to even be heard. We asked them multiple times to turn it down to no avail. I will not be going back.

Reviewed 9 April 2014

I liked that they had some vegetarian options and were also willing to make changes to existing menu items to accomodate me. The food is good.

1  Thank Linda Y
See more reviews
Reviewed 10 February 2014

I have been here before & everything was horrible, I gave it a few months in hopes that things would change & sadly they havent. I was in on business & my other co-workers decided to give it another try. HUGE Mistake!!!There wasnt much I liked about this place or anything positive except that they have a pool table. The place was dead except for a few other people in the place yet trying to get our drinks in a timely fashion seemed like the biggest hurdle, or maybe it was because our waitress was too busy talking to here friends at the bar. When we did receive our drinks they were water down, how hard is it to make a Jack & Coke?? The food was average at best. I will stick with going to snuggery or Tilted Kilt.