“Borderline offensive”
Review of Bar Louie

Bar Louie
Ranked #250 of 359 Restaurants in Schaumburg
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Dropped by with group of ten people, the youngest of whom was 30, after an international work meeting. Refused to serve us as they wouldn’t accept driving licences and we didn’t all have 2 pieces of other ID with us. Ridiculous and made us look stupid in front of a busy bar. Irony is the manager looked younger than us all. Really wouldn’t recommend. If I could have given 0* I would.

Reviewed 16 April 2018

I had dinner here with a friend on a Thursday night, good thing it was half price martini day. ;) The martinis are regularly $11.00 a piece. This can add up fast. The dinner was decent, not fantastic, and not bad. I had the tacos that you had to build yourself. They were good and had some flavor, and not a lot of spice. It is a bar atmosphere, and can get loud if it is crowded. We had a good server who was friendly and efficient.

1  Thank Diane G
Reviewed 10 April 2018

Another dish that felt like it may have been prepared around 2 p.m. the day I ordered it at 6. Dry, room temperature and not very interesting, but I was too hungry to send it back. Nice decor, wide open and a good bar feel. Menu had potential, but my buffalo chicken flatbread was just that-flat. And did I say dry?

1  Thank HilaryV23
Reviewed 9 April 2018

Ended up here on a Friday night about 6. No hostess it's a grab a empty table on your own kind of place. After we snapped up a table a few minutes later our waitress showed up all cheery welcomed us to Bar Louie. So she took our drinks orders never mentioned that they had a Happy Hour. As we found out later on the bill. Our drinks arrived via 3 different servers. Next our waitress took our food orders. Again delivered by 3 different servers. Not a big deal but the food was delivered at different times. Waitress came by to ask about drink refills again no mention of Happy Hour. So we ordered another round. Did not order any dessert. When we finally received our bill, I noticed 2 different prices for the drinks AKA before and after Happy Hour the price almost doubled after Happy Hour. What an unpleasant surprise to say the least. The food was ordinary at best nothing stood out that would make me want to order it again. Service was on the slow side. Lots of people were eating here and the bar was crowded so I guess this is a good place to hang on. Just be warned if your meal extends beyond Happy Hour.

Reviewed 24 February 2018

Not knowing what to expect, we visited and found that it is a BAR - loud, crowded, and with a limited menu.Just not our "cup of tea". Getting too old to sit in a bar, eating mediocre food and not being able to carry on a conversation without shouting. What really capped off our leaving was we were seated and never saw an employee to give us even a glass of water. When we walked out - no one cared.