“Excellent Change of Pace”

Jerusalem Restaurant
Ranked #15 of 420 Restaurants in Peoria
Reviewed 6 May 2018 via mobile

You never know when you will find that little hole in the wall restaurant that blows you away. I highly recommend the Tuesday special, “Lamb shank”. It was very tasty. The owner greeted us in person when we entered and thanked us profusely when we paid our bill. You can tell he takes a lot of pride in the restaurant, the service it provides and the quality of the food. I would return!

Date of visit: May 2018
3  Thank Matt-chew76

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

I tried the falafel here.best I have had.I also had the swharma plate.I enjoyed the Arab salad.I took half of it home.Large portions.They have wait staff now.l never have had a bad meal here.

Date of visit: April 2018
4  Thank jeffmY8705JY
Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

We stopped here for lunch when visiting the area and we would definitely come back. Food was fresh and delicious. Prices were reasonable.

Date of visit: March 2018
3  Thank A M
Reviewed 7 March 2018 via mobile

We decided to try this on a recent trip to Peoria and left very satisfied. It's a simple menu that has all the basics you would want from Palestinian food. We each ordered shwarma. The hummus that comes with the dish is good but the portion is small, so we'd recommend getting an extra order.

Service is fast - maybe 5 minutes for the food to come out.

Date of visit: March 2018
3  Thank joshuas57
Reviewed 14 February 2018

We love Jerusalem! My daughter has to come her when she visits. We always start with the hummus and homemade pickles. The falafel is the best we have ever had (and we have tried it around the world)-the perfect combination of crunchy and mushy. We love spicy food but be warned: the spicy falafel sandwich is really hot! The service is lovely and personable. The owner really loves and cares about his restaurant.

Date of visit: January 2018