“Late night favorite!”

Perkins Family Restaurant
Ranked #41 of 414 Restaurants in Peoria
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 16 April 2018

We often go here after ballroom dancing with friends for a late night supper (open til midnight) They have food that is flavorful like a home cooked meal, including breakfast at all hours, fresh baked desserts and gluten free options also with plenty of coffee. There is a little something for everyone!

Reviewed 22 March 2018

My wife and I ate dinner at Perkins on 3/21/18.

She selected grilled chicken with mushrooms and asparagus over a bed of rice. She liked her choice - - everything was cooked right and was filling.

I chose "Build-A-Breakfast" selecting two eggs scrambled,
(2) sausage patties, hash browns and (3) hotcakes.

The eggs were fluffy, the sausage patties were good, the hash browns were cooked just right and the hotcakes were also very tasty.

Both of us ordered coffee.

Perkins offered a BOGO - - but, it required each of us order a drink. The menu shows the price of all of the food selections - - but, not for any of the beverages.

I think they should show the price of the beverages.

Coffee was $2.49 ea. but one could have all one wanted.

The server was friendly and attentive.

Our bill excluding gratuity was $16.62.

We'll return.

Reviewed 26 January 2018

We stopped by late after a concert to something to eat. There were only about 2 tables with people at them when we got there. Staff saw us walk in and said she would be right with us...meaning in 10 minutes she meandered over and took us to a seat then gave us menus. Then she disappeared. We finally got to order our food 20 minutes later and then it was another half hour later that our food finally came out. The server never did stop back by our table to check in with us or let us know if there was a delay or anything, we never saw her except once when she stopped and gossiped with the table across the aisle from us, totally ignoring us and we did try to get her attention to find out where our food was. People that had come in well after us had already gotten their food and were nearly done by the time our food showed up. No apologies, no nothing, she just put the plates down on the table and left. Then we didn't see her for another half an hour. The food was awful! It was luke warm at best with most of it being cold, dried out, tasted like it was just left under heat lamps for a good long time and was clearly old.

We never did get our check but were told by the server that she "would take care of you up front when you are ready" and then she watched us get up and walk to the front register and then she disappeared again. We waited for 15 more minutes with no staff in sight and at this point there were still only 3 tables with customers at them, no staff visible. I finally got tired of waiting---I'm not the dine and dash kind of person but all this put me really close to it--and had to go into the kitchen and chase somebody (this server) out just to take my money. Then she laughed like she thought it was all funny. It was not. This was the absolute worst service I have ever had in a restaurant, and we'd eaten here before and it's been fine. Never again.

Reviewed 7 January 2018

This is a wonderful and popular restaurant that offers just about any combination of breakfast food you may want. I love gravy and they offer it in many ways..too many! Count on a little wait to get seated. It is that popular, especially on weekends,

Reviewed 24 October 2017

Went her for dinner on an overnight work trip. Dinner was great the staff was great as well. Food was hot, fresh and served quickly.

1  Thank Kathi B