“Amazing for all the wrong reasons.”
Review of Le Chocolat

Le Chocolat
Ranked #2 of 25 Dessert in Naperville
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This was our third time dining at Le Chocolat and it was awful. Our first visit was back in December, and while the service was pretty "meh" the food more than made up for it. The second time was a bit after Valentine's day, and the service was barely average and the food was not really on point (cold dishes, lack of flavor from the past).

This time took the cake and absolutely warranted a review. The baked goat cheese was barely hot, absolutely not the melted deliciousness of past, and the sauce tasted almost rancid. It was like a game of whack a mole to order entrees... they were out of so many things - and considering there was nearly no one else dining I have no idea how. I can barely manage palatable spaghetti and my husband and I both agree I could have presented a MUCH better tasting meal. Hands down.

The server was nice... I could see she was trying. That being said, it was clear she was absolutely untrained. Our bottle of wine was opened... and then just left on the table. Martinis took about 30 minutes to reach our table, and we opted out of dessert when they were out of almost everything yet again!

The real kicker came later.... we bought a box of macaroons to take home to our sitter and saved some for ourselves. COMPLETELY STALE. Embarrassing all around... We'll never be back and we'll encourage friends/family to go elsewhere.

2  Thank Jamie L

Reviewed 11 February 2018

We had a party that we had reserved and planned months ago. Going in the shop, there was a mini flood and no one was bothering to mop it up. Friends were texting "hold on to the counter coming in, it's super slippery" before some of us got there.
The decor in the little room upstairs is cute. It was a strange party room though as all 23 of us were in a line in little round tables..kind of like a like a caterpillar - therefore it was hard to talk to everyone.
Next, our waitress was setting up the treats and we were told "that's what we have left". What? Like we're getting some leftovers?
There were only a couple of chocolate treats, not anything like we expected. The mini vanilla cupcakes were stale - yuck!. Also, there weren't nearly enough treats to go around. With Tax and Tip, we paid $30.50. NOT worth it at all. We'll never book a party there again

4  Thank 157kitkat
Reviewed 11 February 2018

I had a party at Le Chocolat just yesterday. Very disappointing! When we walked in the bakery the floor was so slick and it was dried off until much later. For our party of 23 people the quantity of desserts were scarce. Not worth the $24 plus tip that each of us had to pay. The service was not great either.
We will never book anything here again.

5  Thank Cheryl M
Reviewed 9 February 2018

Had dinner here last Friday. Food, service and atmosphere were all great! A very nice change of pace for Naperville. I had the scallops and they were delicious. The menu said they were bay scallops, but mine were sea scallops - a very nice surprise. My husband had the boeuf bourguignon which was also great. Not a huge wine list, but enough choices for everyone. We didn't indulge in dessert, although I'm sure it's all wonderful. We will be back.

Reviewed 27 January 2018 via mobile

Occasionally, you just have to indulge and is this a great place to do that.

My wife got a flight of 5 dessert choices and a chocolate martini and I had to have the chocolate mousse cake, superb. A nice close to a wonderful evening

1  Thank Darrell T C

Been to Le Chocolat? Share your experiences!