Fairfield Inn Joliet South
US$114
Red Roof Inn Chicago Joliet(Joliet)(Great Value!)
US$67
US$180
US$214
US$140
US$203
US$168
Best Western Joliet Inn & Suites(Joliet)(Great Value!)
US$100
US$119
US$159
US$104
Priceline
All reviewsroom was cleanmarriott chaincross country tripfront deskhot tub and poolcracker barrelbiscuits and gravymake your own wafflesrecent stayeasy accessice machinegreat place to stayhotel is locatedyogurtymcapillowsmaids
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 March 2018

#GoldenRule

I booked a room at Fairfield Inn, South Joliet, for my 22-year-old daughter to stay at in Joliet IL, since she was coming back from a trip to Washington D.C. with her school, via I-80. My husband and I were to join her the next day morning (coming from Nebraska), then head into Chicago to see our son, wife, and new baby.

Our daughter arrived way earlier than we had anticipated (8:30 a.m.) rather than the afternoon of the reserved day. She called and made them aware of the situation. They treated her with utmost respect and kindness. Even though they do not usually make their rooms available until 3:00 p.m., incredibly, they put her in a room right away!

I also called the hotel and was so impressed with their willingness to accommodate her. They asked me to verify her age, wondering if she was underage. I appreciated their concern and care for my (special) daughter when I was so far away. If the Golden Rule is doing to others what you would have them do to you, this hotel did exactly that! Way to go Lisette, Katy, and Selena. They even offered her breakfast both days, even though the booking was for only one night.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 February 2018

Due to bad past experiences with hotels in the Marriott chain, I avoid them unless it is absolutely impossible to do so. Someone else made the reservations for our group trip, so I didn't have a choice. It appears the hotel is undergoing some upgrades which are needed. The room was clean and the beds were comfortable. I would have liked to have access to a fitness center but they only had a pool and hot tub. I didn't get a chance to use either. Breakfast was about what I expected, scrambled eggs, biscuits and gravy, yogurt and make your own waffles. They did have fresh honeydew and strawberries, a treat in February. We didn't have any issues so I can't comment on the staff. It is next to a McDonald's, Burger King and Cracker Barrel so there is something close for breakfast if you don't like their selections. It is right off the interstate so easy access. However, there are about four entrances right in a row making it a bit confusing as to which one was the Fairfield. The only ice machine is on the first floor so plan ahead. Be prepared, the elevator really jerks when it leaves the first floor. Not sure what it was, but whenever anyone came into our room, they started sneezing.

Room Tip: Don't get the room next to the ice machine.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
Katrina T, Manager at Fairfield Inn Joliet South, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2018

Dear kas36538,
Thank you for taking the time to review the Fairfield Inn South Joliet. We are glad to hear that your experience was better than you expected. I am so sorry to hear that you were disappointed that we did not have a fitness center. I do hope you were able to take advantage of our free passes to the YMCA down the street from us. We truly appreciate all of the great feedback and look forward seeing you next time you are in Joliet. Thanks again and have a great day.

Reviewed 5 February 2018

Fairfield Inn properties are our go to choice when travelling, so we have a lot we can use to compare this hotel. The staff was outstanding - very welcoming, smiling and helpful. Even the cleaning staff was smiling and friendly. The rooms were clean and well appointed as expected from a Marriott property. The hotel is located between a Cracker Barrel and McDonald's restaurant, so lunch and dinner is only a walk away.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Katrina T, Manager at Fairfield Inn Joliet South, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2018

Hi There!
Thank you so much for the great review about your experience at the Fairfield Inn South Joliet. We are so happy to hear that you had such a great stay. We appreciate all the wonderful feedback about our outstanding staff and clean rooms. I look forward to sharing your review with the rest of the team! Thanks again and we will see you next time.

Reviewed 27 December 2017 via mobile

After a couple of disappointing lodging experiences, the Fairfield exceeded the standard! Super friendly, accommodating and helpful staff! Everything was comfortable...the bed...the chair in the room...everything. Awesome hot breakfast that was very well maintained and clean. I read a review about noise from the elevator....our room was right next to the elevator and other than a faint knocking, it wasn't bothersome at all. I would definitely recommend the Fairfield Inn in Joliet to anyone! A special Thank You to Pam at the front desk for the pizza recommendation!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Katrina T, Manager at Fairfield Inn Joliet South, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2017

Dear Susan N,
Thank you so much for the wonderful review! We are happy to hear that you had a relaxing and comfortable stay at our hotel. We really appreciate all of the great feedback. I look forward to sharing your review with Pam and the rest of the staff. We look forward to accomidating you next time you're in Joliet.

Reviewed 22 December 2017 via mobile

We stayed here overnight on a cross-country trip. The staff, from front desk clerks, to maids, to breakfast bar hostess were all incredibly helpful and friendly. The place needs some modernizing though. Our bed was what I call a “hotel banana bed”...it just sagged too much in the middle.

They offer use of a YMCA nearby, but in the this day and age, especially for a Marriott chain, it needs to have even a small workout room.

But, for the price, it was a fine stay and we’d stay there again if we were to pass through Joliet

Stayed: December 2017

Hello Kujo11,
Thank you so much for sharing your experience at the Fairfield Inn South Joliet with us. It's great to know that you enjoyed your stay. I am very sorry to hear that you found the bed to be uncomfortable. We know how important it is to get a good night's sleep on a comfortable bed, I am very sorry we fell short of that. We really appreciate all the kind words about our staff. Thanks so much for your feedback. We look forward to seeing you next time you are in Joliet.