“Are you anywhere near Glen Ellyn? Eat here!!”
Review of Fire + Wine

Fire + Wine
Ranked #1 of 105 Restaurants in Glen Ellyn
Price range: US$12 - US$24
Cuisines: American, Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Casual dining with sophisticated hospitality. American food with an Italian twist, fresh prepared everyday! 78 wine bottle list, 45 global wines by the glass, hand crafted fresh cocktails, 38 item beer craft list. Reservations not accepted, we do offer a "call ahead, priority wait list" which you can call days and weeks in advance to get on, highly recommend to reduce wait times. Seating preference is given to elderly, pregnant woman, families with babies and local regular customers as a courtesy. Very family friendly local restaurant. TripAdvisor #1 restaurant in Glen Ellyn 4 years in a row as well as Certificate of Excellence.
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

People kept telling me this place was great and I kept forgetting. It is in a very cute, quiet suburb but the energy (I went on a Tuesday in March!!) by the staff(professional and fun) and patrons was awesome and the decor is well done. I went with a bunch of moms and we had a blast. Not to mention the food is amazing. Really, I mean amazing. Three of us had the melt in your mouth Hanger Steak, two had the Salmon and there was not a morsel left. Usually, I check to see how much people are leaving so I don’t look like the pig I am. Nope, these ladies(not one pig) ate everything and ordered the donut desert. Go with friends, take a date, maybe leave kids (under teen years) at home. This is a suburban gem!!!

MJVai, Owner at Fire + Wine, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Thank you Latoundji...such a fun review and great support. We appreciate your words so very much!
Hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

We will return to this restaurant not only because of great food and an excellent wine list, but because of the way the server and owner handled my concern over a food allergy.
Fast service and convenient parking .

MJVai, Owner at Fire + Wine, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2018

Thank you Bob! We appreciate the recognition for how we go about our business. It certainly motivates us to continue doing what we do...feed people well.

Reviewed 4 March 2018

Been there dozens of times. Never had a bad meal. Staff & the owners are very friendly. They will create a mixed drink for yoy

MJVai, Owner at Fire + Wine, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2018

Hey Docmartin13...
Love the short and sweet review! :-)
Thank you for all your continued support and we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 3 March 2018

We came across Fire + Wine by chance and have been three times in the past year. We love it! We live on the far west side of Elgin and dine out around the Fox Valley area alot but needed to venture out to try something new. Fire + Wine is by far our new favorite ... nothing in St. Charles or Geneva really compares (well a couple come close but Fire + Wine is better)! It's worth the wait and the bar is awesome so waiting isn't a big deal. Call first to put your name on the list to help cut down the wait a little bit. Everything I've had to eat and drink has been delicious and the pictures of their food on Facebook always leave me wanting to go back soon!

1  Thank Jennifer A
MJVai, Owner at Fire + Wine, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2018

Thank you Jennifer!
We appreciate the wonderful review and you taking the time to write it. Next time you're in please ask for me and say hello I enjoyed meeting everyone.

Reviewed 14 February 2018

Stopped in to pick up a gift certificate for a friend so thought we may as well have a drink in the bar. My cocktail of the day was delicious...i believe it was a ginger mojito. Great beer and wine selection. Shared a brussel sprout small plate....next time I'll get a bigger plate. We loved it. Wonderfull flavor and delish sauce.

MJVai, Owner at Fire + Wine, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2018

Thank you jriewalsh for the fun review! We appreciate you sharing your experience and giving us 5 stars!
Our staff, our food, our drinks and the atmosphere are all awesome and we truly enjoy our customers. We hope to see you back soon.
Thank you again...