US$123
US$100
Free cancellation until 19/07
US$239
Hotels.com
Stoney Creek Inn(Galena)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$110
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$122/night.

US$243
Irish Cottage Boutique Hotel(Galena)(Great Value!)
US$110
The Irish Cottage
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

Hawk Valley Retreat & Cottages(Galena)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 22/07
US$100
Goldmoor Inn(Galena)
US$326
US$383
Official Site
Hotels.com
All reviewsparking garagegreen street taverncourtyard restaurantmain streetgeneral's restaurantdeb bertucciroot beeroldest hotelhistorical hoteloldest operatingsusan babraham lincolnheart of downtowncorner roomwithin walking distancemy husband and iquiet room
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My wife and I had the buffet breakfast. It was fairly priced. I honestly wish I had checked out the menu. Every thing I had was good except the fried chicken. It really tasted like Banquet frozen chicken. The bacon and sausage were exceptional. They made omelettes to order. There were waffles and French toast I didn’t try because there wasn’t syrup but there was fruit. The place is living history. There are photos of famous visitors. I will eat here again but will probably order from the menu next time.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We try and stay at historic hotels when we are in a new town. You can't get any older than the DeSoto House BUT it sure does have all the modern conveniences and the rooms are huge! Wonderful history and location and the staff are very attentive and helpful. We ate breakfast in the hotel restaurant and dinner one evening----would recommend both places---we will be back to the DeSoto House Hotel

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MichiganderMom
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We were extremely early for check-in; however, they still let us check-in and get a room! The front desk was very hospitable and helpful with any questions we had. My husband and I stayed for two nights during the week. There were special deals you could pick from for just staying during the week. We opted for the free breakfasts and glad we did, as it was delicious both mornings! Plus, it was very reasonably priced! The hotel has been beautifully remodeled; yet, keeping with the historical beauty and theme throughout. We were very surprised to receive free chocolate nuggets upon our room arrival and free water bottles on both days. Parking is underneath which was perfect for us! We would highly recommend this place! The next time we are in Galena we will most certainly stay at the Desota Hotel!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We stayed in the DeSoto House last May and I did a review. We returned to Galena to do the US Grant Walking Tour and decided to again stay in the DeSoto House. They have parking close by the hotel so you don’t have to worry about finding a place. We arrived early on Friday, so after shopping and eating some caramel popcorn (go to the popcorn store, it’s awesome and reasonably priced), we decided to sign up for the Ghost and Mystery Tour at 8 that evening. It was a fun tour even though a storm was brewing with dark ominous clouds and lightning. It added to the experience! We did get rained on and returned to the garage of the hotel to finish the tour. We learned some interesting facts about Galena and the movie Field of Dreams. Well worth the price of the ticket.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I typically prefer newer hotels over older (even historical landmark) hotels, but I really liked the DeSoto House. Built in 1855, it has a lot of character and is well maintained. My room had a high ceiling and some photos from the late 1800s or early 1900s. Bathroom was clean and water was hot with good pressure, always a concern in an old hotel. The staff was friendly and helpful.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business