other travellers have booked this property

Review of Lake Almanor Cabin

403B Peninsula Dr. Lake Almanor CA. Beautiful one bedroom cabin located in the heart of Lake Almanor
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Dinning area set for four
Bedroom
Bathroom
Kitchen is equipped with toaster, blender, kettle, pots and pans
Kitchen utensils
Kitchen is equipped with plates, cups, glasses, wine glasses, salad bowls and more.
Dining area
Oudoor patio
Lake Almanor
Wake boarding fun!
Double the fun with double knee boarding
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Hentricks
Brentwood, California
“We left three days early”
Reviewed 1 September 2015 for a stay in August 2015
people found this review helpful

We rented the cabin for four nights, stayed only one because of the following; cabin was on roadway that was busy and noisy, no public access to Lake Almanor nearby, no live TV, only movies, day late news,only one burner on four burner stove barley worked.
Joanne, the owner/manager was very nice and knowledge about the cabin. The price, $ 125.00, seemed very reasonable, I guess you get what you pay for.

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
3 Sep 2015
I am so sorry you left early. I had no idea that you did and wish you would have called to let me know. I get inquiries daily and would have no problem renting out the cabin to someone else and reimburse you for the days you did not stay. I understand your reason for coming out to Lake Alamanor was to participate in the Arts and Craft show in the nearby Town of Chester, and not to enjoy the Lake and all the amenities it has to offer. Most of our guests rent our cabin for the closeness to the lake, golfing, easy access to boating and local entertainment. When you first showed up I recall your husband was a bit disappointed that he could not watch the golf tournament live on the television. I came over immediately to show him how to use the ROKU and explained that there was no satellite or cable at the cabin. I clarified we have the ROKU, which is a device full of television shows and movies which has access to Netflix, Amazon Prime and many more streaming video providers. It consists of on Demand News, Sports and Movies. We provide the WiFi at no charge as well as our Netflix account, so you do not need to pay anything to use this service.
As for the burner, the cabin is on propane fuel and since the stove does not get used daily, like at home. Sometimes you need to keep the burners on for a few seconds longer to allow the propane to reach and light the burners. All four burners work fine as well as the oven. I personally clean the cabin and check the burners after each departure of guests. We also provide a lighter as part of the cooking utensils should anyone want to use the barbecue, or need additional assistance in lighting the stove burners.
The cabin is centrally located on Peninsula Drive, which is a single lane 25 mph residential road right across the lake. The majority of traffic consists of the nearby recreational facilities which include two public boat launches, seasonal campgrounds and a marina. We are located within 400 feet of Pine Cone Resort which has beach access and about a quarter mile from the Big Cove Marina which is the main marina on Lake Almanor. There you can rent motor boats, fishing boats, pontoons, water toys, jet skis and more. If you want to come out and enjoy the lake, restaurants, have quick access to the lake and nearby coffee and market shops, this is the place to be.
I understand that your main purpose of this trip was to participate and exhibit your work at the Chester Arts and Craft show and you needed to be there all day. I can understand how our cabin may not have been an ideal location for you since your main intention was the Arts and Craft show and not the lake.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing