Carrick Plaza Suites by theKeyCollection(Carrick-on-Shannon)(Great Value!)
US$166
Reviews (1 534)
1 534 results
1 013
1 013
All reviewsdrawing roomafternoon tealough rynnout of this worlddining roomtreated like royaltygrounds are beautifultop classthermal suitea real treatwedding partystaff were excellentchanging roomswedding receptionbeeffour poster bedsteam room
60 - 65 of 1 534 reviews
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

So I stayed at kilronan recently . Lovely hotel . Nice staff . Rooms are nice too . All going well . Only there for a night . Water pump decided to give out so we had no water in our room . Slightly peeved . These things happen . However the next morning there was still no water . Rang reception . She apologized but they are working on it . Still no water by 9am . Had to go to work . So headed home again to shower and wash my teeth . No compensation offered. . Another apology . Maybe I’m over reacting but I was annoyed . It just wasn’t good enough . Left stressed and dismayed . Won’t be back . Emailed the hotel afterwards . Was disappointed with response . Anyway those are my views .

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
castlekilronan, Manager at Kilronan Castle Estate & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2018

Dear Caz,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write on TripAdvisor. Thank you for the lovely comments regarding our nice staff and rooms. I was disappointed to read about the issues regarding the water, unfortunately the pump did break and no water was running through the Hotel, The maintenance team were working on it from 6.30am. I can only apologize that you felt it was not handled well.

I will forward this review to all concerned.

Your feedback is greatly appreciated as we always strive to improve and provide the best possible level of customer service.

It was our pleasure to take care of you and we look forward to welcoming you back to Kilronan Castle Estate and Spa again in the near future.

Reviewed 1 April 2018

my husband and I stayed here recently for one night. First impressions were good beautiful castle and grounds, pleasant staff. The bedroom was large and spacious but what i didn't realize until later that night was that if I opened the window there was a humming sound of a motor like fridges or such. I phoned reception to tell them and they said they would ring back which they did not. The spa relaxation room was over full and the boiler for making herbal tea ran dry. The food and drink was over priced also compared with other hotels we've stayed in.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Rita,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write on TripAdvisor. I was disappointed to read that some aspects of your stay were not up to our normal standards. I have spoken to our maintenance department to see if they can find out about the noise. Apologies from the Spa Manager, it was a particularly busy day.

I will forward this review to all concerned.

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay overall.

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

Just back from Kilronan Castle, a gift from our children, we had a fabulous stay in this excellent hotel. Staff are great, especially our waiter Hugo. We had a full package, b&b, evening meal and spa treatments, our room was beautiful and very big, breakfast and evening meal were excellent (my wife is a chef and she was very impressed), spa was impressive and our massages were so relaxing. The setting is lovely by a large lake with some lovely walking trails, we have stayed at a few castle styles hotels in Ireland, Dromoland, Cabra, Ashford and Bellingham, and Kilronan is right up there with them all, lovely decor and impressive wood work throughout.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Sir,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write on TripAdvisor. Many thanks for the wonderful comments. I am delighted that you had an excellent overnight stay. It is great to hear that we are right up there with all the top Castles in Ireland. I will let Hugo know that he got mentioned.

I will forward this review to all concerned.

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay overall.

Reviewed 21 March 2018

I recently stayed here St. Patricks weekend for two nights for my birthday. I really enjoyed this stay. The stay were extremely helpful and friendly. We dined in the hotel the first night and the food was gorgeous. The breakfast menu was lovely and Mar our waitress was so friendly and accommodating. We spent the second day in the spa and this was pure bliss. The treatments and thermal suite were great. The bed was big and very comfortable. I would highly recommend Kilronan Castle and will definitely be back to visit again. Beautiful walks available on the grounds if weather is nice. Many thanks.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank Louise M
castlekilronan, Director of Sales at Kilronan Castle Estate & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2018

Louise, Thank you so much for taking the time to review Kilronan Castle Estate & Spa, we are just thrilled to here that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back soon hopefully!
Have a Lovely Easter

Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

Decided to nip away on a one night break. Have had it on our mind to visit for a while. Booking was perfect. Beautiful building and lovely avenue. As were checking in a wedding were making their way in but I must say we didn't even know they were in the same hotel for rest of our stay. Staff were very friendly and helpful and I must there was a lovely atmosphere around the hotel. The room was lovely. Bed very comfortable. However I must say the breakfast was a service let down. Eggs, both scrambled and fried like rubber. Rashers barely cooked. Pudding just hot mush. Sausages burnt on outside warm mush on the inside. In fairness all the cold items seemed fine. I hope I'm not being to harsh because couldn't recommend hotel highly enough apart from breakfast that I must say was a serious let down.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
castlekilronan, Director of Sales at Kilronan Castle Estate & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2018

Good Afternoon
May I take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback from your recent stay. Whilst I am delighted you enjoyed your time here at the Castle I am also disappointed that you didn't enjoy your breakfast with us. Here at Kilronan Castle we are firm believers that Breakfast is the most important meal of the day and I am sorry that on this occasion we disappointed you. It inst our normal standard and generally get great feedback regarding our breakfast. I will most certainly send on your feedback to our Executive Head Chef and Operations Manager to ensure this is looked into immediately. Again apologies for your experience at breakfast, however we do hope to welcome you back to Kilronan Castle Estate and Spa in the future.
Kind Regards