“The best in Chicago - DUH!”
Review of Toro Sushi

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Takeout
Neighbourhood: Lincoln Park
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I have lived in Chicago my entire life and have been to a ton of sushi places and nothing ever compares to Toro. Everything on their menu is worth the wait and so is the service and Mitch's personality. My family and me and my husband come to Toro on a regular basis and when it's just me and my husband we prefer to sit at the bar and catch up with Mitch. He loves his customers and you can tell her loves what he does - he puts a lot of heart and soul into his sushi and it's delicious. The standard turnover in Chicago for fish is 3 days, with Toro it's 1 day because so many people go there. They do not take reservations, you walk in put your name in with your number and go grab a drink in the neighborhood while you wait for your call, trust me you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed 18 February 2018

I have been looking for a more affordable sushi restaurant since I moved to Chicago, and this has been my favorite so far! The food and service were great. I recommend the Sunny! It's BYOB
The only downside - it's a very small place, so sometimes it's hard to hear the person across from you. We were also seated right next to the door and it was freezing!

Reviewed 9 January 2018 via mobile

We live out in the suburbs but occasionally pass literally 100 sushi restaurants in the suburbs to eat at Toro and watch Mitch make sushi magic! It is very reasonable. Although you cannot make reservations and the restaurant is small, you can put your name on the list and the host or hostess will text you when your table is ready. The restaurant is also BYOB so plan ahead if you would like a glass of wine or a beer!

Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

AMAZING ! Small place with big flavor!!
Every roll of sushi we had was so delicious, my favor: spicy tuna and oh my god! We were lucky to be able to get in, since it is a very small place seats are limited ! Can't wait to go back for more.

Reviewed 28 March 2017

We love Mitch's sushi! They are inventive, awesomely tasty, and one of a kind. You won't experience sushi like this elsewhere. The downside is the long wait time. They don't take reservations, and they're ALWAYS full, unless you show up at 5:00pm.