All reviewsfree proseccocadillac palacethe theater districtart deco decorthe loopsocial hourrooms are smallwine houryoga matclark lakethin wallsevery eveningmini barbeautiful hotelblue lineo'hare airportlobby area
Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

I loved staying at the Kimpton Hotel Allegro while in Chicago for business! It’s in a great location in the theater district, surrounded by lots of restaurants and bars, and super close to the train station which made navigating from the airport effortless. The rooms are clean and sleek and the mini bar is stocked with anything you might crave. The best part is the happy hour prosecco every night and the free bicycle rentals. I’ll definitely be coming back next time I’m in town.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
Kirby B, Front Office Supervisor at Kimpton Hotel Allegro, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

This is a classic, Art Deco hotel which has been modernized just enough. The elevators are a bit slow and rooms a bit small but a really lovely hotel and great location away from the tourist area. Centrally located to the theater district. I was not impressed with the hotel restaurant but it was packed so could have been just my meal. The champagne at happy hour is a nice touch.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business

Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

This hotel was amazing! Service was great, room was comfortable, and they offered every amenity imaginable. They even had robes and ear plugs in the room. We walked all over, to the waterfront, the bean, Northerly Island and tons of restaurants were in the area. I’m in love with the wallpaper in our room!!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 9 July 2018

Hotel Allegro is a beautiful hotel with a great historic feel. Even though the lobby is on the second floor, it provides a wonderful atmosphere. They offered a festive happy hour and I enjoyed a drink just off the lobby in a room that had the feel of 1920s Chicago. The front desk sent me a text just after I checked in to make sure the arrangements were acceptable. I replied with a comment about my appreciation for the historic feel and they texted me back with a link with additional information about the hotel. The hotel is conveniently located near several shops, stores, movie theater, etc. It is close to the Chicago Riverwalk and near the theater district. I had an enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business

Reviewed 5 July 2018

I spent four nights at this Chicago Loop property that dates from 1926. I mention that because there are some things that are difficult to change during any remodeling, such as the room size. The hotel and room are in excellent condition. The staff are very friendly and accommodating. The hotel is a five minute walk to the Clark/Lake el stop. I stayed in a king room. The bathroom featured a tub/shower combo. Horizontal storage was limited. The room drawer storage was acceptable. The closet space was nicely sized. There was a rather large desk with an attached power strip (no usb ports). There is a power block on the night stand that has outlets and two usb ports. The in-room WiFi was very good. There is no in-room coffee maker, but complimentary coffee and tea are available in in the lobby for several hours each AM. By the way, the lobby is huge and well appointed. The room is stocked with plenty of snacks and cold drinks. A Walgreens is located a block away.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple