Reviews (3 051)
3 051 results
1 786
1 786
All reviews full kitchen free dinner great location breakfast and dinner navy pier the sofa bed separate bedroom the magnificent mile top floor valet staff living area complimentary breakfast within walking distance evening reception michigan ave trump tower yogurt
84 - 89 of 3 051 reviews
Reviewed 28 June 2018

I have been at the Homewood Suites for 2 nights and have 1 more to go, and so far I've been disappointed with my stay. Based on the reviews here, I expected a lot more.

Firstly, the positives. You can't deny how great this location is- it's incredibly central, surrounded by great shopping and restaurants, and about 35 minutes from O'Hare if traffic is cooperating. The staff at the breakfast area are really lovely- friendly and helpful and patient with the hoards of people who descend on them every morning. My suite was spotlessly clean when I arrived and the rest of the property is well maintained as well.

However, there are a few things I was not pleased to find. If you're expecting peace and quiet, this is not the place for you. Street noise, as well as noise from the hallway and your neighbors, is a near constant. There are also (understandably) a lot of families who stay here with small children, adding to the noise level.

The AC in my room does nothing to control the humidity, leading to a stuffy, clammy atmosphere, even when it's running constantly. The linens and towels are not high quality- the hand towels literally disintegrate on your hands as you're drying them, leaving bits of fuzz and white fluff all over you. The free breakfast is basically a bunch of beige foods of varying quality- the fruit option this morning were blueberries that had clearly been thawed from frozen.

Also, if you're expecting a welcome or thank you for being a Hilton Honors member with status, you won't find one here- I didn't even get a complimentary water bottle on check in. Overall, I had much higher expectations about the level of service and comfort at this property.

1  Thank MichiganderAbroad
Jim_CHIHW, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago-Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2018

Hello and thank you for your review! We enjoy hearing from guests that are still in-house, because we still have the opportunity to make things right for you! Although we can not see the specifics of your room #, etc. here, please contact us right away so engineering can address the A/C issue you mentioned. We have not had any other complaints of this nature, so please give us a chance to correct as we're sure it's an isolated issue.
Hmmm, our linens and terry are the same as other Hiltons, since it's the same standard, but we'll be happy to replace for you, just call us!
Of course, we can not control noise from outside of the hotel, but if any other guests are disturbing you, (again), please call us right away!
We also have plenty of water that is constantly given out, just give us a call! We hope to hear from you soon!

Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

One thing amazing about this hotel is that it is within walking distance to a supermarket! It made it very easy to purchase groceries and walk back to the hotel. Overall the grounds are well kept and the hotel rooms appear to be updated recently. There was a large crack on the top of my ceiling but it was cosmetic and did not impact the quality of my stay. If I had to choose whether or not to come back to this hotel, I would definitely choose to

Trip type: Travelled on business

Thank you for your review!
We agree that our location is hard to beat, and are always thrilled to see when guests tell us that our hotel is clean.
Although perhaps a minor thing, always report anything that is not right with your suite so we may fix it for you right away!
We hope to see you back again soon!

Reviewed 26 June 2018

We stayed a week here, and it will be our "go to" apartments when in Chicago.

The staff were helpful and friendly, and not at all pompous. They were very happy as a team; it seems that they enjoy their work environment. A credit to the management as well as the hospitality of the staff.

When I was unwell one day, the housekeeper let me rest and then arrived with a drink, soup & pain killers. So unexpected and generous.

The complimentary breakfast is good, and if we had chosen to, the evening social sessions would have provided complimentary snacks & meals.

Meanwhile, back in the suite, there's a good kitchen, plenty of space, and sufficient lighting. I have found that poor hotel lighting is so common in the US. Not here.

I signed up to Hilton Honors and was then able to use a digital key. Great improvement.

Great location to trains & downtown.

I didn't know hospitality could be this friendly and generous!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Wow, we absolutely love seeing stories like this, thank you for the kind review!
We share reviews (both good and bad) with our staff, however we have not yet been able to determine which housekeeper took care of you?
We hope that you're feeling better, and now that you're an Honors member, we hope to see you back much more often!

Reviewed 26 June 2018

The suites in the hotel are very nice and spacious; love the kitchen area. The room was very clean. The location of the hotel is great, in walking distance to everything, including the Navy Pier and massive amounts of shopping in every direction.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

We love our convention guests, thank you for your review!
Our location is very hard to beat, and we are happy to see that you were able to balance some fun and shopping while attending the conference.
We hope to see you back next year!

Reviewed 25 June 2018

You know you have found a gem when you are consistently surrounded by smiling, happy guests and friendly, helpful staff. The amenities were exactly as described and the location is excellent.
My only personal issue was the noise of the A/C, but only because it had to run constantly due to excessive heat - a bit noisy, but I was definitely enjoyed the comfortable cool environment. Strongly recommend a stay at HS Chicago Downtown.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Wow! We absolutely love hearing about our team, thank you for your review!
We regret if the HVAC was noisy in any way, but trust that you alerted us to this and we were able to fix it for you right away.
We can't wait to have you back again!