Reviews (3 626)
3 627 results
2 863
2 863
All reviews apple tv talbot hotel the gold coast one bedroom suite rush street the magnificent mile small hotel turn down service michigan avenue our room was spacious the entire staff wonderful hotel the location is perfect two blocks the miracle mile water tower visit chicago
31 - 36 of 3 627 reviews
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Great location and the hotel was very comfortable. The elevators need an upgrade!! Overall the Hotel has a great bar and menu in the restaurant. They should also look at putting auto on lights in the closets so you don't have to use the pull chain. Also. look at putting in dimmers for all lights!

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
TheTalbott, Chef Concierge at The Talbott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Thomas T,

Thanks for staying with us here at the Talbott Hotel. We're happy you enjoyed the area and thought the hotel was comfortable, but we want to apologize for the elevator issues. We appreciate your suggestions, and this review will be shared with the appropriate managers. Thanks again.

G. Murray
Chef Concierge
gmurray@jdvhotels.com

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

the hotel was wonderful! it gave an intimate vibe. our room was very large and loved the bar. coffee in the lobby every morning, and great food. This trip was with my sister and we checked in and immediately started walking the area. The Talbott is located in a wonderful area with great food close by (walking distance), and shopping a few blocks away, also walking distance. Michigan ave is very busy and noisy so the hotel was just the right distance away to avoid the noise but take advantage of the shopping. Also shopping in the same block. The staff were warm and welcoming and the hotel was very comfortable, had good beds. I will stay at this hotel when I come back for sure. Now that I understand the area it is unbeatable as far as comfort and value.

Date of stay: October 2018

Hello Soccergirl2015,

Thanks for taking the time to review our property. We appreciate your kind remarks concerning our TEAM. The hotel is located in this vibrant Gold Coast neighborhood,close to shopping, restaurants, and many of the city's major attractions. We're happy you, and your sister enjoyed the time spent with us here at the Talbott Hotel. We look forward to your next visit.

G. Murray
Chef Concierge
gmurray@jdvhotels.com

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Long story short- too expensive for empty space.

Was staying here in double king size bed from 24.10.18 till 1.11.18. It was my 3rd time in Chicago and my 3rd time staying in Talbott. My previous visits: 2014, 2016.
I liked this hotel very much- old stylish place near MagMile, beautiful lobby and restaurant (it was in 2014, in 2016 it was a bar), old furniture, wood and leather, fireplace at the lobby, coffee machines in the rooms, big beds. And now it has a "modern" cold style, no furniture in the rooms, the lobby was totally reorganized and became cold and unpleasant place, coffee as a complimentary is available from 7 to 11 a.m at the lobby.
Personal at the main lobby (check in and check out) unprofessional : they made a mistake and took money for already prepaid room (double payment!). When we figured it out my collegue had only 300 bucks on his card (he traveled with his wife) for 2 days and fly back to Russia. The hotel workers didn't solve this problem.
One good thing is a bar. The cuisine is so-so but bartenders are good.
In my next stay in Chicago I'm not gonna stay in such awful modern no soul place .

Trip type: Travelled on business
Pierce M, Front Office Manager at The Talbott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Sergey,

We truly appreciate your continued business with us. We are lucky to have such loyal repeat guests. Your feedback is very important to us. I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy the design of our new renovation. I will keep your feedback for our design team the next time we choose to update our property. I want to apologize for your card being over authorized. This is not a normal occurrence and is unacceptable. These funds should have been released back to the card. If this is still an issue, please email me and I will make it a priority to resolve this issue. I would like for you to give us another chance. Please reach out to me should your travels bring you back to Chicago. I will ensure you get an amazing rate and complimentary upgrade to our nicest available room. We would love to have again as our guest.

Pierce McCarthy
pmccarthy@jdvhotels.com

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Everything was awesome here. The staff were all very nice. They could all help you with any question we had about Chicago. Would highly recommend this hotel. They recommended taking a cab at night instead of driving. They even flagged down a cab for us. My 2 daughters loved the bathroom and the rainfall shower head.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Sherri B
TheTalbott, Concierge at The Talbott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hello Sherri B,

Thank you for the outstanding review! We are delighted you found the staff friendly and helpful. We are fortunate to have a great team and I will share your kind comments with them. We look forward to welcoming you and your daughters back on your next visit to Chicago.

Kind regards,

Tim B

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Comfortable stay but needs some elegant touches and complimentary toiletries. No ice machines on floors, so it would be nice to provide ice nightly. We had to call for ice. No complimentary bottle of water. And no turn down service which adds a personable and elegant touch to the hotel.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Hi LJRS,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I will share your comments with our team. On your next stay, please let us know what time you would like ice delivered to your room and we can make it happen automatically each night! We do offer a complimentary water refill station in our fitness center. My apologies that this information was not properly relayed to you. We hope to welcome you back on your next visit to the city by the lake.

Kindest regards,