Reviews (1 878)
1 878 results
All reviews pump room public hotel library bar the gold coast ian schrager great neighborhood rush street lincoln park common areas guest rooms few blocks lake michigan upon check mag mile the magnificent mile the loop lobby
107 - 112 of 1 878 reviews
Reviewed 4 July 2018

I booked this hotel on a whim after reviewing the website. Before our arrival, we received a welcome letter from Travis, the guest relations manger. Nice touch! The suite was wonderful as was Travis! In fact, the entire staff was helpful and friendly. We had a fantastic stay and will definitely stay here on return visits.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Travis H, Guest Relations Manager at Ambassador Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2018

daniela v,
Thank you for this awesome review! It's great to hear our suite was great and fit your needs, but even better to hear about our service! We can't wait to see you back with us again.

Reviewed 3 July 2018 via mobile

My husband andI got a great deal through the Hotel Tonight app. The hotel was in a wonderful location close to Michigan Ave.,the lakefront, lots of eateries and best of all, our son’s apartment. We have tried many hotels in the area through hotel app. The Ambassador was very clean and the room was “functional”...no frills. I really liked the lobby with its long tables and ample seating as well as the ice cold fruity water available for the taking. My three complaints are as follows: the air conditioner, which was much needed on the 90 degree days, was SO SO loud that I could hardly sleep; the paint in the bathtub was peeling and kind of gross; there was a well stocked mini-bar but no coffee machine in the room. Would we stay here again? Perhaps, in colder weather, if the price were still right!!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple

unicent,
Thank you for leaving us feedback on your experience. I am sorry to hear you had some troubles with your room and appreciate the information, we will look into that bathtub and air conditioner. In the future we do have coffee makers available and would be more than happy to bring one up to the room. Please reach out to me at Thoward@journalhotels.com as I'd love to hear any more feedback and assist you with your next booking. We hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed 3 July 2018 via mobile

I had a business trip to Chicago and brought my wife and teenage daughters with me. The Ambassador was recommended by friend. We loved it! Awesome location, excellent service and beautiful neighborhood. We highly recommend.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank John-Cros012345

John-Cros012345,

These are the reviews we love to read! Thanks for taking the time to leave us your kind words. We hope to see you back with us during your next trip to the Windy City!

Reviewed 30 June 2018

Much better and cost effective hotels in the area to consider. The landmark location is dated - restaurant downstairs is limited, food just ok but way overpriced. Service personnel are professional and courteous.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank sgreenstein155
Travis H, Guest Relations Manager at Ambassador Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2018

sgreenstein155.
Thank you for your transparency- any and all feedback is useful and appreciated. I'm glad that you noticed the hospitality our staff provides. Its disappointing to hear, however, that you found some other areas to be lacking. If you would please reach out to me at Thoward@journalhotels.com I would like to hear more about your stay personally.

Reviewed 28 June 2018

Amazing location! So close to everything. Make sure front desk is giving you the room that you are paying for. Had we not ventured into another family members room, we would have not known that we were not given the one bedroom suite as booked.

Room Tip: Get room away from elevators, high foot traffic. Also stay away from 8th floor, as this is where one of the only 2 ice machines are located.
Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

sherryweiss60,
Thank you for the kind words and 4 star review! We apologize for the hiccup at check in but glad it was easily rectified. We look forward to welcoming you and the family the next time you find yourselves in the Windy City.