Reviews (8 070)
1 217
3 128
2 958
1 217
All reviews west tower big bar the river navy pier huge hotel convention hotel millennium park wacker drive wrigley building the magnificent mile michigan ave mini bar location is great valet parking high floor the loop art institute
609 - 614 of 8 070 reviews
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

a friend and I went to the big bar to sit down for a drink we were ignored by the bartender for 5 minutes I left that far and went downstairs we went to the bar downstairs and we're very very well taken care of by the bartender Ioana . when Adrian the manager heard what happened he apologized spoke to the other bartender and bought us a drink.. he was very courteous and apologized.. I've been to the Hyatt Regency probably 25 times and would continue to go back again..

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 26 June 2018

The best ever visit in 10 years, the staff went out their way to be friendly, helpful, and in general treated my wife and I as a welcomed guest. The location for a mega meeting is optimal. It shows Chicago in the best light.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
Reviewed 26 June 2018

We recently stayed (Room 1256 East Tower) for a long weekend. Our flight got in around 10:30 am, but we were checked in early with no problem. The staff was very pleasant and ready to help. The room was clean, the handicapped bath was large and the bed was comfy.
There was a mini bar charge on my tab that should not have been there, but they removed it right away.

There was a young man on the desk named Jared Chick who was very helpful.
I would definitely recommend this hotel.

The one very large negatives the parking fees - $69 per night!

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 June 2018

When I go to Chicago I park my car and walk everywhere. Hyatt Regency Chicago is the perfect location for walking to the Pier or down the Mile. Also there is a Giordanos around the corner for Chicago Pizza!

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
1  Thank F8996XZannam
Reviewed 26 June 2018

The hotel location was excellent for sightseeing in Chicago, being very close to Michigan Ave and also the river cruises and metro rail system.
We stayed in a "Club" room for two nights and had a beautiful view of Lake Michigan and the River. The room was large and comfortable but spoilt by a very noisy air conditioner. We simply turned it off at bed time, but felt that it was not up to the standard we expected.
The Club Lounge was satisfactory, but had limited snack/food options and charged a modest fee for alcoholic drinks in the evening. This was an honour system but we had never had to pay for drinks in a Club Lounge in other cities such as Melbourne (Australia) or Xian, Beijing and Shanghai. The Lounge was a bit small and over crowded.
A very large convention was in progress at the time of our visit and the convention attendees (hundreds of them) seemed to take over the hotel. This was not a problem for us, but the hotel may be a little large if you want something a bit more intimate.

Room tip: Ask for a room with Lake views but check the air conditioner noise before unpacking!
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple