Reviews (5 386)
2 719
1 703
2 719
1 703
All reviews the river great location trump tower a river view room the penthouse the corner bakery within walking distance the magnificent mile large room corner room millennium park the loop would definitely stay here again valet parking michigan avenue navy pier an upgrade
139 - 144 of 5 386 reviews
Reviewed 12 July 2018 via mobile

We got so lucky staying here! Every hotel around us was $500+ per night (peak summer rates), and we had the same views and excellent service. We opened our curtains every morning to spectacular view of the river, city and Trump towers. Staff is very helpful. Lobby and elevators get super busy around check in and the stairway is very small and narrow, i had to use the stairs on multiple occasions as the line for the elevators did not move. Enjoyed the bar and restaurant Downstairs. Loved that they offered room service. The fitness center offered EXCELLENT views of the city as well (always fun to work out with great city views. Loved the location close to everything downtown. We walked every day.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Linnea W
Juli C, Manager at Wyndham Grand Chicago Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2018

Hello Linnea W,

Thank you for giving your recent stay at the Wyndham Grand Chicago Riverfront a 5 bubble rating. We are very happy to see that you enjoyed our central location to everything in Chicago along with our staff!

We hope to see you again soon.

Regards,

Reviewed 12 July 2018

I stayed in the premier suite for three nights this week. I booked just a regular room but was offered an upgrade for $50 more a night which we took. The room was decently big with a separate living room, wet bar, and bedroom. The room looked dated and seemed like it was last renovated 20 years ago. Although its functional, I think the room could use an update. The wallpaper looked a little old and a panel in the bathroom fell off when I was there.

On a positive note, the hotel is in a good location with a nice view of the river (if you are on that side). Everything is easy to get to via loop trains or the subway.

On the other hand, we had a horrible experience with housekeeping and the lack of it. After one day, upon returning to the room in the afternoon, we noticed the room was not cleaned. I told the front desk and they said that they would do it. After dinner, we came back and saw nothing done. I called again and they did nothing. On the third call, we were told that housekeeping had left and they can not do anything. We had to clean the room ourselves. We were obviously upset and the front desk could not explain why our room was not cleaned although they promised it would be the next day (and it was). Secondly, as other reviewers have said, the elevators are so busy that the wait can feel like forever. We took the stairs once as we were only on the 10th floor. We didnt do that again and just waited the future times.

Stayed: July 2018

Hello KevinLA310,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Wyndham Grand Chicago Riverfront. On behalf of the hotel we do apologize for the opportunities you encountered during your stay with us. We are happy to hear to loved our view and wonderful room.
We do hope that you give us another opportunity for us to show you how Grand we are.

Regards

Reviewed 11 July 2018

I went for long weekend with my husband and another couple. The hotel was very nice and great location. The rooms where clean and big and comfortable. So in general we where happy with our stay and staff was friendly and helpful.

Then after I got home - a situation came up - I had booked two rooms and we where two couples travelling. Our fellow travelers where ahead of me to check out when leaving and they where handed a extra invoice but where confirmed that all cost was covered so they did not worry about it.
When I started to investigate the matter I found out that I had the third booking charged for on my American Express Card that I did for mistake on Expedia and did not realise that I had not cancelled so the Wyndham Hotel charged me for it - which is understandable but I find it so strange that when I was staying at the hotel and communicating many times with the Lobby staff that no one told me that I had the extra booking which was a no show....??? I have been asking for refund since January 2018 and the final verdict from the Hotel is that my refund is denied.
I am really sorry about that experience and that the Hotel is not able to meet me on the way regarding this incident. We used the breakfast and bar service at the Hotel which was good so they did not loose money by our stay.Thanks Vilborg G

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Vilborg G

Dear Vilborg G,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Wyndham Grand Chicago Riverfront and sharing your experiences. We definitely have an amazing view from our rooms. Our staff is committed to deliver exceptional service during your stay. It was my pleasure to ensure your stay was wonderful. We would love to have you and your family stay with us soon!!

Reviewed 10 July 2018 via mobile

Can't beat the location, walking distance to everything downtown Chicago. We upgraded to a river view room, it was worth it! Chicago riverfront is absolutely beautiful! Room was good sized, beds were comfy. Room could have been cleaned a little better. Only real complaint was the elevators, they are renovating them currently, but it was an unwelcome surprise after we checked in. No mention of the issue until we came across a tiny sign posted by the elevator, took waay too long each time we needed one. Will stay again, but will wait until elevators are fixed.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family

Dear BradSonn,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Wyndham Grand Chicago Riverfront and sharing your experiences. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. I want to apologize for the elevator delays you experienced. We are in process of a 1.8 million dollar elevator remodel project, that will dramatically improve the efficiency. We hope that you and your family will allow us to show you how Grand the Wyndham can be on your next stay.

Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

Location is great, get a river view room to really enjoy the best of the hotel. Services was good , room was good too. Elevators are kind of slow , one of them broke and we had to use stairs bc it was taking so long (8 min waiting). In general good hotel I would go back.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Rasiel R,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Wyndham Grand Chicago Riverfront and sharing your experiences. We are definitely in a great location . I want to apologize for the elevator delays you experienced. We are in process of a 1.8 million dollar elevator remodel project, that will dramatically improve the efficiency. We hope that you and your family will allow us to show you how Grand the Wyndham can be on your next stay.