“Very Tasty Pizza”

Price range: US$15 - US$20
Neighbourhood: West Town
Neighbourhood: West Town
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Tried the pepperoni and ricotta and one with a pistachio pesto base, both were delicious. Very thin base, not too crispy, but didn't flop over when you pick up a slice, perfect amount of char on the crust. Good drink selections, the decor was very simple but the place has a nice atmosphere and the staff were were very friendly.

Date of visit: March 2018

Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

Came here as part of the pizza tour. We already went to a few other places so I was starting to get full up. But when these pizzas came out, it immediately made me hungry again.

They had so much flavour and tasted completely different to any other pizza I had before. So glad we went here and I would totally recommend it to anyone!

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed 26 December 2017 via mobile

We recently visited Coal Fire pizza on a Saturday evening. The place was crowded but we had reservations. We arrived on time and they took us in right away. It’s a bit small inside and dimly lit. We ordered two different types of pizzas. One was a vodka sauce type pizza and the other one was burnt onion and sausage pizza. The vodka sauce pizza was excellent, I liked it better than the brunt onion and sausage one. Several different bottle beer choices to choose from too. Service was excellent. Our server was friendly and very helpful. We had a good meal here and would come back again.

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed 17 December 2017

We had three different pizzas and a Bibb lettuce salad. The kid size (10 inch) sausage is perfect size for one hungry person. We also had a Margarita and a Stracciatella. Plenty to eat for the three of us, plus goodies to take home. Everything about the pizzas is first rate....a thin, crispy crust, excellent quality cheeses, non-greasy sausage, and not dripping in too much tomato sauce. These are pizzas which come close to authentic Neapolitan pizza in Naples. The service was great....our efficient blonde waitress took good care of us. This is definitely our pizza destination, and we love to combine it with a trip to the Driehaus Museum, since it is on our way home.

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed 1 October 2017 via mobile

First, let me start by saying our waiter, Dylan, was phenomenal. Even my daughter (who is 10) enjoyed him. Super upbeat, a definite selling point. And the pizza, we were thinking deep dish, but so glad we stopped here instead. A wonderful thin crust pizza with amazing cheese and sauce. The Sweet-Pear-A-Line cocktail was one of the better drinks I've had in a long time. So good, my daughter wanted to go back after the Cubs game. But, I didn't want a parking ticket. Now that I'm home, I should have gambled on that. Lol.

Date of visit: October 2017

Been to Coal Fire? Share your experiences!