“Cool place to skate in the winter”
Review of Maggie Daley Park

and up
Chicago Day Trip from Milwaukee by Train
Ranked #15 of 698 things to do in Chicago
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Nice, unique skating rink. Gets pretty crowded, and I recommend you bring your own skates to skip the line.

Write a ReviewReviews (1 103)
All reviews
in 30 reviews
"art institute"

51 - 55 of 1 103 reviews

Reviewed 2 April 2018

We went on one of the busiest days of the year for Chicago... St. Patty's Day. My boys are older elementary school age and know to stick together, as well as to stay in the park. They also know where to find me at a designated spot we agreed on when they need something or to check in. It was surprisingly warm so I got stuck with their coats, as I read a small rectangular object called a book. We never worried about the bathroom because we went to a bathroom someplace else before we even came into the park, but should you need them, they are on the north side of the park. You can download a map before you go, as that might be helpful for you to find something. I would strongly use public transportation and your legs. If you have to use a car, I would suggest the Arboretum in Lisle, IL. My boys said of the Maggie Daley Park though that it was the best park ever. How can one disagree with that?

Reviewed 31 March 2018

Even though you would think our teenagers have outgrown a playground, they insist we visit this creatively designed space every visit to Chicago. We hit up the bean for pictures and make our way over the winding metal bridge into this cool park. We have never made use of the climbing walls, but that is on our to do list. The actual playground is great for the kids and people watching.

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

I thought my 12 year twins would be too “cool” for this park, but they loved it! Make sure to explore the whole place, because it’s huge and it even has an Enchanted Forest to go through! There is also a rock climbing park and a skating ribbon you can roller blade or skate or even use a scooter through!