“Music in Chicago”
Review of Back Room

Back Room
Ranked #82 of 580 Nightlife in Chicago
Reviewed 18 November 2014

Skinny Williams is simply phenomenal. Honestly, it was worth making that trip in freezing Chicago weather and would love to come back to hear him and his team play music.
Wish the band a great success and happiness

Reviewed 15 November 2014

Has always been a great live music venue, good atmosphere but nothing beats the old venue and on the night were there the jazz musicians were missing, having said that it's worth a visit

Reviewed 21 October 2014

My wife and I stopped by for a drink on Monday evening at 9 pm and the Skinny Williams band was so fantastic we stayed until 1 am. The band had so much energy even though there was only 20 people in the audience. I made a couple special requests (one Luther Vandross song and one from Diana Ross) and they played the songs wonderfully.

The Back Room is a throw back to the early days of Jazz in an intimate setting.

The bathroom attendants are a cute couple. The male bathroom attendant has been working there for 18 proud years and his wife now works with him.

The cost of the drinks are very inexpensive and the servers are not pushy.

I highly recommend the Back Room for a fun evening out.

Reviewed 4 October 2014

During a fun "grown up" weekend in Chicago we stumbled upon Back Room. Skinny Williams and his band were fun, friendly and just exactly what we were looking for. Super sweet bathroom attendants (which I usually hate) were kind and added to the fun. Go figure! I would most certainly go back next time I'm in town -- which I hope is in the not-too-distant future.

1  Thank Mary_from_MA
See more reviews
Reviewed 19 September 2014

So i kept saying, "how can you visit Chicago, and not hear some great blues/ jazz", right? I invited a boatload of people and there were very few takers to finish dinner and go to this club. I promised one couple that if it was a fugazy, we would have one drink and leave. Well this was no fugazy! Skinny Williams and Lady Dallas delivered and we caught two full sets. If not for the fact that our guys had early AM convention hours we would have closed the place down. What a great place and great entertainment. Thank you for making our trip to Chicago so fun. Believe me the rest of our crew heard all about what they missed out on that night. That sax was wailing! Fun, fun, fun.