Open today: 21:00 - 01:00
Review Highlights
Amazing Atmosphere

What a cool place! Accessible down an alley; down some stairs; and into a small room - what else... read more

Reviewed 21 November 2014
Jeff S
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Music in Chicago

Skinny Williams is simply phenomenal. Honestly, it was worth making that trip in freezing Chicago... read more

Reviewed 18 November 2014

from US$79,00
from US$45,00
from US$69,60
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 4 October 2014

During a fun "grown up" weekend in Chicago we stumbled upon Back Room. Skinny Williams and his band were fun, friendly and just exactly what we were looking for. Super sweet bathroom attendants (which I usually hate) were kind and added to the fun. Go figure! I would most certainly go back next time I'm in town -- which I hope is in the not-too-distant future.

1  Thank Mary_from_MA
Reviewed 19 September 2014

So i kept saying, "how can you visit Chicago, and not hear some great blues/ jazz", right? I invited a boatload of people and there were very few takers to finish dinner and go to this club. I promised one couple that if it was a fugazy, we would have one drink and leave. Well this was no fugazy! Skinny Williams and Lady Dallas delivered and we caught two full sets. If not for the fact that our guys had early AM convention hours we would have closed the place down. What a great place and great entertainment. Thank you for making our trip to Chicago so fun. Believe me the rest of our crew heard all about what they missed out on that night. That sax was wailing! Fun, fun, fun.

Reviewed 6 September 2014

Here for a business meeting.... Great idea for private party. Unfortunately, no jazz last night but good times were had by all. Nice beer and wine and good food. The most interesting part of the evening was walking down a dark alley with 2 employees, down a flight of dark stairs and being "ushered" in to a room reminiscent of a speakeasy. Loved the brass section hanging on the walls.

Reviewed 2 September 2014

The setting is cool and has potential. Small club, hidden, you have to know where you're going. Nice vibe.

Everyone is entitled to an off night, but we were told there would be "5 or 6" musicians. When Full Circle started their set, there were 3 members present. Half way through the set the singer shows up and for the last two songs, the drummer arrives. If that wasn't bad enough, one of the speakers was blown and the music was so loud, in such a small space, that it was hard to even hear the words! And, this was not jazz, more like R&B or 70's wanna be's. It seemed like amateur hour at the BR. We'll try it again, but we'll make sure it's really jazz. Oh yeah, like the others say, drinks are $10 a pop and there's a mandatory 20% tip! Definitely not worth the money when the amateurs are playing.

Reviewed 20 August 2014

My husband and I walked past this club twice before we finally decided to go in. You see the club is down an alley "Back Room". We are so glad we went in. The club was really nice inside and the music was great! The Skinny Williams Group, who performs on Sunday and Monday nights was OUTSTANDING!! They had everyone in the audience dancing. If you go on a Monday, eat before you go, no food is served on Monday night.

1  Thank Valerie M