“Best Pizza Ever!”

Lou Malnati’s Pizzeria
Ranked #93 of 10 184 Restaurants in Chicago
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Downtown / The Loop
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Perfection! That's the only way you can describe my experience at Malnati's. The best and most efficient restaurant business I have seen in a while. They encourage you to place your order while waiting for your table. The order is prepared, but not cooked until you sit down, thus making a much shorter wait for food. A very efficient business practice to rotate customers quickly and cut down on your wait time to eat!

Write a ReviewReviews (1 941)

21 - 25 of 1 941 reviews

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Let me start by saying the staff are wonderful. The pizza was fine....just not what I expected. I think you will enjoy yourself. I was hoping for a better “pop” with the taste. Again not a bad place....if you are not in a rush you may want to try another place.

1  Thank Gfly86
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

When asked about the best deep dish pizza in town, several cab drivers all ranked this place among their top two favorites.

I love the name and the atmosphere was pretty cool but deep dish still just isn’t my thing. I guess if you’re a Chicago pizza fan already, you’ll like it more than I did but to me, it was just dry crust with what tastes like a jar of tomato sauce poured on.

Salads are average.
Services is good.
The deep dish cookie dessert is fantastic

1  Thank andrewg818
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We read about this place online before going to Chicago and we weren't disappointed with their deep dish pizza. They have a butter crust and they are very generous with their toppings. Their stuffed spinach bread appetizer was excellent, we could've eaten two. It was an extremely busy place, we were happy we showed up just before normal dinner hours as there would've been almost a two hour wait.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This was my third Chicago deep dish and the only one I would call great. I particularly enjoyed the crust. Which they call a butter crust, because of its texture and flavor.

The restaurant isn't fancy but it is popular. By 5:45 there was a line waiting on the midweek day. The service was adequate.

Been to Lou Malnati’s Pizzeria? Share your experiences!