“Consistently Fabulous!”
Review of Carmine's

Carmine's
Reserve with OpenTable
Carmine's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #180 of 10 734 Restaurants in Chicago
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Gold Coast
Cross street: Bellvue
Transit: El, Red Line at Clark / Division; 36 Broadway Bus
Description: Since 1994, Carmine's has been Chicago's destination for exciting gatherings, spirited nightlife, celebrity sightings, and of course, an unforgettable dining experience. With a diverse menu that boasts Rosebud's classic Italian American dishes, as well as premium steaks, chops, and seafood offerings, Carmine's has long been a place where those in the know choose to eat. Our large and open dining rooms are perfect for large parties, from brunch to late-night dinners. The acclaimed patio, with its vibrant energy and friendly charm, offers guests some of the best people watching in the city. And our bar, with its famous signature cocktails, is ideal to watch the big game or check out live music. Whether you're here for a casual lunch, a formal dinner, or a cocktail, it's always a party at Carmine's, and you're always at the center of the action.
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

As a former Corporate Concierge in Chicago before moving away, Carmine’s, along with all the other Rosebud Restaurants were always my favorites to recommend as well as to enjoy myself with friends and family.
During a recent weekend trip to Chicago I made sure to make a stop at Carmine’s for dinner. The food and service was fantastic as always, even during a super busy Saturday evening. The seafood special was amazing and my husband’s steak was great!
This review is not only about the food, but the staff going above and beyond.
Three weeks after returning home, I realized that I had left my absolute favorite cashmere cardigan/wrap at the restaurant. It carries a special meaning to me. I thought for sure it was gone or taken by one of the staff after such a long time, but when I called it was still hanging there in the closet waiting to be claimed!
They promptly mailed it to me at their expense.
Great food, wonderful service and a stellar staff!
Thanks again!

Write a ReviewReviews (1 005)

56 - 60 of 1 005 reviews

Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Had dinner here with colleagues while on work trip. We had reservations and a large table of 8. Service was friendly and fairly efficient. The portions are large, so be aware. I liked the square noodles and the tortellini carbonara was also quite good.

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

We had a reservation and were seated right away. The entrees are huge!! Everything was delicious and the service was attentive. A great choice for a hearty meal.

Reviewed 20 June 2018

Carmine's never disappoints. Food is always excellent, the piano playing in the background ( a real piano player), the warm lighting and attentive staff is the whole package. It is a must visit when we travel to Chicago. Usually it is just my husband and me, but we have seem groups of every size and Carmine's can accommodate.

Reviewed 19 June 2018

Wow! I'm shocked at how many people wrote favorable reviews of the food at Carmine's! But I truly believe that's because they haven't had "real" Italian cuisine before. I had the risotto with shrimp - the risotto was undercooked and the flavor was SO very bland. Granted, I may be biased because my favorite Italian restaurant in Buffalo (San Marco's) makes PERFECT risotto so I'll let Carmine's off the hook for that. But I have to ding them big-time for the chicken. My husband ordered the chicken (done picatta style). First, the chicken was not pounded out as a proper Italian place would do - they just basically baked it whole and poured a little bit of lemon sauce on it. The lemon sauce was underwhelming. Granted, the portions at Carmine's are HUGE, but who cares if the food is just bland? I'd much rather have a reasonable sized portion (even the European-style 'small' size) that tastes good than just have a huge plate of blah! Even the bread that is served with dinner was rock-hard and had no flavor whatsoever. As I said, the wait-staff is outstanding and that is the ONLY reason Carmine's is getting any stars!!!

Been to Carmine's? Share your experiences!