“Great service!”

Romano's Macaroni Grill
Ranked #1 177 of 10 804 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 28 June 2018

I had a very lovely experience at the Macaroni Grill. My server was so friendly, helpful and responsive. I definitely recommend!

Reviewed 26 June 2018

About the only area we could find in terminal 3 that had sit down options with food and alcohol. Very pleasant and attentive wait staff. We had nice chianti and a cesar salad which was OK. Good martini! so full bar options. The bread was very good. The pasta dishes around us looked good and seemed to be enjoyed. When you have some time to kill before your flight, this is the place to do it with decent food and a nice red wine.

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

I had never been to a Macaroni Grille before since I normally steer away from chains. But in an airport you are captive to wherever chains they offer. I had two hours between flights so it seemed silly to do fast carryout.

Really pleased with the decision to go to Macaroni Grille. The salmon with sun dried tomato orzo pilaf was delicious! And the rosemary bread was warm and fresh! Delicious leisurely lunch that was served quickly by Alex!

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

We had a few hours layover at O’Hare, Terminal 3, and wanted a fine dining experience where we could linger for awhile. Great service, excellent food and wine, white tablecloths...a welcome relief from a typical bar or fast food setting. Concourse K near intersection with H.

We ordered Veggie soup, a side salad and a Veggie Caprese. The latter reminded me of Splendid Tables’s “Ripe Tomato Stack w Mozzarella” recipe (but minus the Pine nuts). It was a colorful, tasty and thorough delight to intentionally savor. Course, accompanied by a couple glasses of slowly sipped Robert Mondavi extended the reverie between flights.

Pricing was comparable to airport food while the overall meal experience hit the spot. I am pretty sure this could have been a quicker meal but the server adjusted to our need to hang a bit (mid morning so no pressure to turn tables) —and we were ordering in bits and pieces to elongate our sitting there amidst our longer than usual layover—as an endless parade of frenzied passengers hurriedly passed by incessantly...

Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

I am not too fond of airport food of any kind so my expectations were not high. I got their Italian sausage scramble and my husband got the chicken parm scramble. The Italian sausage had asparagus and broccoli rabb covered with Alfredo. The chicken parm was just that with scrambled eggs. Much to our surprise everything was delicious. This will always be our stop when going through Ohare.

Been to Romano's Macaroni Grill? Share your experiences!