“Awesome and free”

Ranked #2 of 201 Tours in Chicago
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Chicago Greeter highlights interest areas and more than 25 neighborhoods for visitors to explore. Chicago Greeter is designed to match a friendly, enthusiastic, and city knowledgeable local with a visitor for a two - four hour FREE informal, insider orientation to Chicago's sights. Through the Chicago Greeter service, visitors meet with a greeter who takes them around the city and demonstrates its walk-ability and the user-friendliness of its public transportation system.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I highly recommend people sign up for a Chicago Greeter tour. It's free and the folks who give the tours will gladly customize them to your request.

My wife and I got a tour of some local spots we didn't know about despite living in Chicago. Highly recommended.

Write a ReviewReviews (2 063)
All reviews
"cultural center"
in 116 reviews
"personalized tour"
in 20 reviews
"highly recommend this service"
in 19 reviews
"hour tour"
in 35 reviews

22 - 26 of 2 063 reviews

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I had such a wonderful introduction to Chicago with Sue who spent a couple of hours guiding me through some popular attractions as well as those hidden gems, like the passageways of the Pedway. Sue individually tailored my tour, she was very knowledgeable about the history of Chicago and provided me with some great tips on exploring the area. With Sue's tips, I managed to have some of the most amazing experiences away from the touristy crowds, that I would not have otherwise considered. I highly recommend a Greeter tour when visiting Chicago - thank you to the passionate volunteers who share the best of Chicago.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Our greeter was Bill. He gave us a lot of information before our trip on how to get around, places to visit on our own and where to eat. He took us to Millennium Park, Lincoln Park and areas called Old Town and Gold Coast. It was wonderful to have Bill give us a personal tour. He was very knowledgeable about the city and all the beautiful buildings. I expected Chicago to be dirty, run down and with sketchy people walking around but it was the opposite. I came away with a whole new perspective and respect for Chicago. I would like to come back because we didn't have time to see everything. Our hotel was on Bill's way in so we met at our train station and he rode in with us. I really appreciated that because we don't usually use public transportation and we were clueless and a bit apprehensive. At the end of our tour, he dropped us off at the boat tour we had scheduled. After the boat tour, we felt very comfortable finding our way to the pizza place he had recommended and we were able to find the subway to catch our train back to our hotel. Thanks Bill.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We were a group of four young adults hoping to explore Chicago with a local, and that's exactly what happened! Our greeter, Paul Nyenhuis was the best! So gentle, resourceful, smart, and a wonderful company to have during a stay in the city. I'm so glad I've heard about Chicago Greeter in time to schedule a tour, because it made our trip much better!