Reviews (2 522)
2 522 results
1 518
1 518
All reviews rooftop bar j parker perennial virant second city elaine's coffee chicago history museum great location boutique hotel junior suite lake michigan directly across the street rooms are small front desk staff wrigley field king bed public transportation valet parking
41 - 46 of 2 522 reviews
Reviewed 28 June 2018

it was basically the only option for an overnight stay up that way near the zoo. so you pay a premium for the tiny room that smelled musty. we paid $340 for one night. not sure how old it is but felt old.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Pierce M, Front Office Manager at Hotel Lincoln, a Joie de Vivre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2018

Thanks for the review Lochin. We are in a great neighborhood near the zoo. Sorry that the room size wasn't what you expected. Next time ask about our junior suites, they are a nice sized room and you may find more value in them. We are celebrating our 90th birthday this year, but we had a complete renovation 6 years ago. Hope to see you again next time you come to the city.

Reviewed 26 June 2018

Visited Chicago during father days weekend. The hotel is is undergoing renovations I think. The rooms were very small, no refrigerator, was old, beds were small for a couple, tv was good, shower was good, it was clean. The staff at hotel were very friendly. The elevators were very old and very slow. I think it was an old days inn. The location was very good and in the center of everything. Also, they did not have a small store for snackes or items forgotten. I would not pay $300+ a night again for this location it is about half that and I would be happy to pay that. I believe they are under going renovations if not the property is old and out dated but people very nice.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Pierce M, Front Office Manager at Hotel Lincoln, a Joie de Vivre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2018

Thanks for taking the time to write a review. We are not currently under renovation. We are going for a more retro vibe, if that is what you are referring to. We do have refrigerators upon request. We also have snacks, sweets drinks for sale. We do have some travel essentials on hand complimentary for our guests. Sorry that your were not able to experience these things, but I do promise we have them available for our guests. Hopefully you can come back and visit us the next time you are in town. let me know and I will make sure we have a fridge in your room waiting.

Reviewed 25 June 2018

Already submitted a detailed review online to the Hotel Lincoln in Chicago. In a nutshell, the rooms were somewhat dingy and seemed very crowded. Small bed for a couple. Not enough storage space. Poor lighting contributed to a dingy look. Slow elevators. Did not serve tea for a wedding brunch, even after I asked for a cup of tea at the bar!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank alokm694

Sorry that you didn't have a wonderful experience. We do have different bed options if you decide to stay with us again anywhere from fulls, to queens, to king size beds. We also have additional storage drawers under the beds. I appreciate your feedback and hope you will give us another chance the next time you're in town.

Reviewed 22 June 2018

A wonderful hotel with a funky vibe that meets the expectations of a person who enjoys first class accommodations/. Location is great across the street from Lincoln park especially if like myself is a jogger.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thanks for the first class review Reginald! Glad you liked our funky vibe. It's great being across the street from the park and near the lakefront. Especially for runners like yourself. Thanks again!

Reviewed 22 June 2018

I had stayed in this hotel a couple of times for its location in the north end of the city. Its rustic but the rooms are clean and the staff friendly. This time I noticed its starting to look a little tired. For a mid priced hotel (>$200/night) I think there are better values out there.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family