“Best Pancakes Ever!”

Ranked #13 of 10 176 Restaurants in Chicago
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Downtown / The Loop
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This was our first time here and the pancakes are the best ever. I got the "Signature Berry Bliss" pancakes they had fresh strawberries, blueberries, and blackberries on the side. The best pancakes ever! Good size portions and we had plenty left over. Our server, Kelsey, did an excellent job. I strongly encourage you to use the "No Wait" app to reserve your spot. We got our spot reserved on the "No Wait" app while we were riding the train. When we got to the restaurant, we walked right in. If you don't, prepare to wait at least 30 minutes depending on the day. I highly recommend this restaurant for breakfast.

Write a ReviewReviews (3 911)

42 - 46 of 3 911 reviews

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Never been so happy munching on fluffy pancakes with generous amounts of blueberry inside the pancake and fresh berries around the plate. I got also a special eggs benedict served with angel hair pasta on top of the English Muffin, topped with poached egg. Very filling but extremely satisfying. Hash brown is crispy (not soggy) and just cooked/fried to perfection.
French Roast Coffee is strong and hot (i hate 'warm' coffee) with no sugar or cream...since the sweetness of the pancake compensate for that element. Tucked next to the Ritz Hotel and the John Hancock Bldg., it was our lunch fair after touring the observatory.
Highly affordable considering it is in downtown Chicago...!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Delicious! I went before 8AM on a Tuesday so there was not a wait but I would wait if there were one! It’s so good. Food was perfect. Servers are attentive and friendly. I will be back!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We arrived on a Saturday morning at approximately 0900 and the host outside quoted an hour wait. You can leave your cell phone number and they text you when a table is available and you have 5 minutes to arrive back at the podium to check in. We got our text in 25 minutes which was a pleasant surprise. We then found out that although they don't take reservations you can check wait times and get in the line via Yelp app for Wildberry. We did that on Sunday morning on our walk over and got right in. Breakfast items are large, lots of food as it seems toast or pancakes come with everything ordered and the pancakes are great. I got one of the skillets and it was the best I've had anywhere. Nice they put water on the table immediately and quick refills of coffee by attentive quick staff. Close to the millennium park and on the walk to the architecture chicago river boat tour. Worth the wait! But use the yelp app to expedite your seating.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

So I arrived at 7:50 am on a Monday and got right in. When I left just before 9 am there was a line inside and out. The good - staff all attentive and nice. The average was the food. The Belgian waffle was average, I like mine at home better. It was not crispy. According to my coffee snob boyfriend the coffee passed his strict test and he said the chicken apple sausage was good too. My vegan hash was good and I appreciated this option on the menu. If I had to wait in line for over 15 minutes to eat here I’d skip it and try it when I can just walk in.